Visitor Services Assistant - Administrator (Balnain)
Organisation: The National Trust for Scotland
Salary: £19,898 per annum
Location: Balnain House
You will be responsible for providing administration support to the Office Manager and wider team based at Balnain House, Inverness and across the Highland & Islands region. You will ensure all general administration is undertaken diligently, efficiently and carried out within the Trust’s procedures and policies.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Ensure all general administrative tasks are undertaken efficiently, effectively, and timeously, including (but not limited to):
• Property correspondence (mail, email, and telephone).
• Filing and record-keeping.
• Reception (operating switchboard, entry buzzer system).
• Logging all visitors, escort to meetings.
• Meeting’s support (bookings, support documentation).
• Data entry of deliveries – weekly, monthly, and ad hoc.
• Diary Management.
• Recording and producing statistical reports
• Purchase ordering – as required.
• Balnain Office Staff -provide support as required.
• Balnain Buildings, monitor mailbox, respond to emails, book, and liaise with contractors
You must be flexible to meet the needs of the property.
Department specific – visitor services
• Embody the Trust’s values.
• Provide excellent customer service and care to all staff, visitors, and volunteers.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
• Qualification in business administration – HND or Diploma – or relevant experience.
Ability and competence to intermediate level in MS packages – Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint.
Possess excellent communication skills (written and oral).
Must be diligent and accurate with excellent eye for detail.
Excellent customer care skills
Well-developed time management and organisation skills – ability to prioritise workload.
Previous experience providing administrative support to several different departments highly desirable.
DIMENSIONS AND SCOPE OF JOB
• Balnain House was built in the 1720s and re-styled in the 1790s as a Georgian town house. It was lived in until the 1960s when it quickly fell into disrepair. Saved by the Balnain Trust, it became The Home of Highland Music in the 1990s. It is now the Highlands and Islands regional office for the National Trust for Scotland and its tenants.
• 20 staff and tenants are based at Balnain House, with other NTS staff and visitors using hot desks and meeting rooms as and when required.
• Balnain House office hours are 9am – 5pm, Monday to Friday year-round although some flexibility required by the post holder as on occasion travel will be required.
• Not a line manager.
• The post-holder will work frequently with the wider property staff and volunteers and successful regional team.
No budget responsibility.
• Access to PC and relevant IT systems, i.e. standard NTS management systems including Intranet, T:Drive, Microsoft Dynamics, EPOS.
The Key Responsibilities, Scope of Job, and Required Qualifications, Skills, Experience & Knowledge reflect the requirements of the job at the time of issue. The Trust reserves the right to amend these with appropriate consultation and/or request the post-holder to undertake any activities that it believes to be reasonable within the broad scope of the job or his/her general abilities.
Application Deadline: Friday 29/10/2021