Visitor Services Assistant - Admission & Retail
Organisation: The National Trust for Scotland
Salary: £22,672 pro-rata, per annum
Location: Pollok House
• This role will focus on welcoming our visitor to the property, retail sales and supporting stock management.
• Being able to manage admissions, answer enquiries over the phone and carry out basic administration tasks.
• Maximising our membership sales and promotion for the property, within a clearly communicated target based system.
• To ensure our visitors’ enjoyment of National Trust for Scotland managed sites by maintaining excellent standards of service, supporting opportunities to generate income and ensuring that the site and its assets are safe and secure.
Core hours will be the minimum hours available, with the opportunity to work additional hours to suit the needs of the business. Must have full weekend availability, hours will be issued on a rota basis.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
To always provide a consistently high standard of visitor care
• Welcoming visitors to the site and processing their admission and purchases in a friendly, efficient and knowledgeable manner;
• Welcoming visitors with additional needs / impairments and providing a high level of service in accordance with the Disability Discrimination Act;
• Ensuring a high quality and consistent approach to all visitors.
• Answering visitors’ queries about the site, providing accessible information to visitors.
• Promoting National Trust for Scotland brand to include our Membership scheme, events, upselling other properties and any promotional campaigns, being proactive in the selling of Membership and Gift Aid.
• Effective communication with visitors, staff and volunteers.
• Be confident in customer led decision making.
To always maintain excellent standards of site and personal presentation
• The general ongoing operational cleaning of all areas as necessary;
• Ensuring site is ready to open and welcome visitors by the set opening time;
• Wearing correct uniform, name badge and taking pride in representing the National Trust for Scotland.
• Reporting all instances of damage and wear and tear issues promptly to your line manager;
• Ensuring a positive working relationship and environment between other departments and site visitors.
Financial Responsibilities (where applicable)
• To adhere to all financial procedures including till operation and banking: to implement amendments to standard procedure as instructions may dictate.
• Raising any issues or discrepancies to the management team where necessary.
Retail/Catering/Events/Cashier duties (where applicable)
• To ensure good housekeeping of catering kitchens, serveries and back of house areas.
• To support management in maintaining retail displays and standards.
• To support retail targets, utilizing training provided by management.
• To actively upsell products and services to create a customer led environment.
• To actively feedback visitor comments to line managers to develop and improve offer, service, operations.
• To work willingly and flexibly across departments and sites as needed.
• To assist with the set-up, stewarding and break-down of events in liaison with the events coordinator.
• To assist with Heritage Hospitality events. Staff may be asked to work through into the night hours.
Health and Safety
• To ensure site meets with Health and Safety legislation in liaison with your department manager.
• To ensure that visitors vacate the site at close of business and that the site is secured at end of day.
• To use personal protection equipment as provided and directed by your line manager
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
• No formal educational qualification required.
Skills, Experience & Knowledge
• Demonstrable experience in a customer-facing retail role.
• Demonstrable experience in targeted sales or ticket/event/admissions.
• Experience in EPOS style till operation.
• Excellent cash handling skills.
• Excellent customer care approach.
• Excellent selling skills – understanding customer needs.
• Demonstrable excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise.
• Living the values of the National Trust for Scotland and encourage colleagues to do the same
o The ability and willingness to understand others’ perspectives and to consider the impact of your actions on them and to adapt your actions as necessary.
o The ability and willingness to learn and try new things, to be flexible and step outside of your comfort zone.
o An open and honest way of communicating, ready to ask others for their ideas and to be open to hear and consider different points of view.
o A pro-active approach to taking initiative and to driving forward ideas and projects designed to improve daily operations and deliver an exceptional visitor experience.
• Experience in storytelling and a passion for Scottish heritage and history
• Experience with stock management procedures
• Experience with online booking platforms
• Experience with excel, outlook and other Microsoft office programmes
The Key Responsibilities, Scope of Job, and Required Qualifications, Skills, Experience & Knowledge reflect the requirements of the job at the time of issue. The Trust reserves the right to amend these with appropriate consultation and/or request the post-holder to undertake any activities that it believes to be reasonable within the broad scope of the job or his/her general abilities.
Application Deadline: Friday 24/03/2023