Visitor Services Assistant - Catering & Admissions
Organisation: The National Trust for Scotland
Salary: £22,672 pro-rata, per annum
Location: Brodick Castle
Brodick Castle is an idyllic island destination and visitor attraction on the Isle of Arran. As one of the Visitor Services team, you’ll ensure that all visitors receive an excellent visitor experience and leave feeling inspired by this stunning property and its history. This person is frequently in contact with visitors and as such is an ambassador for the Trust, exhibiting consistently excellent customer services while actively promoting the Trust’s aims and services.
To always provide a consistently high standard of visitor care when:
• Welcoming visitors to the site and processing their admission/retail or catering purchase in a friendly, efficient, and knowledgeable manner.
• welcoming visitors with special needs / impairments and providing a high level of service in accordance with the Equality Act
• Welcoming International visitors and aiding with specific needs.
• Welcoming groups in an efficient and warm manner
• Answering visitors’ queries about the site, education facilities and the local area;
• Providing information about the site, its history, contents, offers and merchandise;
• Promoting National Trust for Scotland brand to include our Membership scheme, events, upselling other properties and any promotional campaigns, being proactive in the selling of Membership and Gift Aid.
• To always maintain excellent standards of site and personal presentation –
• The general ongoing operational cleaning of all areas as necessary.
• Ensuring site is ready to open and welcome visitors by the set opening time.
• Wearing correct uniform, name badges, or PPE as required.
• reporting all instances of damage and wear and tear issues promptly to your line manager.
• Working in harmony with other departments; housekeeping, Gardens team, Admissions, Retail, and site repair employees/contractors.
Catering /Retail/Events/Cashier duties
• To ensure good housekeeping of catering kitchens, serveries and back of house areas.
• To ensure that retail merchandising is in accordance with NTS policy.
• To assist in achieving site catering/ retail /events targets.
• To actively upsell products and services to facilitate the visitors enjoyment.
• To actively feedback visitor comments to line managers to develop and improve offer, service, operations.
• To work flexibly across departments and sites as needed.
• To handle and prepare food for visitors, along with making and serving hot and cold beverages.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
• Demonstrable experience in a catering based role, delivering impeccable customer care and food safety standards.
• Basic Food Hygiene Qualification (will be expected to undertake if not held)
• Demonstrable experience in sales or ticket/event/admissions – ideally in a heritage/tourism context – with experience and confidence undertaking till-work and cash handling/reconciliation.
• Excellent cash handling skills.
• Excellent “front of house” persona – warm, welcoming, patient, understanding.
• Excellent selling skills – adaptable to customer type and product.
• Flexible, helpful outlook to customers and colleagues.
• Demonstrable experience in a customer-facing retail/catering based role, delivering impeccable customer care through excellent inter-personal skills.
• Recognised First Aid Qualification
• SCPLH Qualification Alcohol
• Knowledge of HACCP systems
• Access to own transport
• Experience in EPOS style till operation.
The current duties of this job do not require a criminal records (Disclosure Scotland) check to be carried out.
DIMENSIONS AND SCOPE OF JOB
• Brodick Castle is a lively National Trust for Scotland property with a busy catering outlet.
• Not a line manager but may interact with other NTS staff especially central support teams.
• Will have regular (daily) interaction with members of the public of all ages and abilities.
• To adhere to all financial procedures to include till operation and banking and safeguarding of monies: to implement amendments to standard procedure as instructions may dictate.
• Not a Budget Holder
Health and Safety
• To ensure that visitors vacate the site at close of business and that the site is secured at end of day.
• To use personal protection equipment as provided and directed by your line manager
• Will be a frequent user of catering equipment and cleaning chemicals.
• Expected to work within and ensure compliance with the property’s ‘safe systems of work’ (the system for managing health and safety and to ensure site meets with Health and Safety legislation in liaison with your department manager.
Application Deadline: Sunday 25/06/2023