Visitor Services Assistant - Chef
Organisation: The National Trust for Scotland
Salary: £22,672 pro-rata, per annum
Location: Culzean Castle
Here at National Trust for Scotland’s beautiful Culzean Castle we are looking for energetic, cheerful, and hard-working individuals to join our amazing Food and Beverage team.
We are looking for chefs/cooks to assist the Head Chef in the day-to-day operation of the Food & Beverage outlets at Culzean Castle to ensure that all targets are met, and all visitors receive the highest level of visitor experience standards.
Core hours will be the minimum hours available, with the opportunity to work additional hours to suit the needs of the business. Must have full flexibility and weekend availability, hours will be issued on a weekly rota basis.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Assist the Head Chef with the development of the menu cycle / specification.
• Contribute to food production as per the menu cycle / specification for all F&B outlets and event catering (corporate, hospitality, meetings etc)
• Maintain accurate and current legislation records: HACCP, COSHH checklists and temperature sheets.
• Ensure the highest standards of kitchen hygiene, cleanliness, tidiness and related schedules are adhered to.
• Use fresh produce and Ingredients whenever and wherever is possible and minimise wastage.
• Maintain a high standard of food presentation to the customer.
• Share in the common responsibility of implementing the Trust’s “Health & Safety Policy”, being mindful at all times of the health and safety of self, staff, volunteers, and visitors.
• Share in the common responsibility of working in a manner mindful of the Trust’s obligations to minimise impact on the environment, through e.g., efficient use of water/heat/light, recycling and the disposal of waste, considered use of transport.
• Help to reduce occurrences where Health or Safety of yourself and other employees may be put in jeopardy.
• Adherence to the COSHH Training provided and control of substances covered by COSHH.
• Involvement in the upkeep and maintenance of both the entire department site and, specifically, the F&B outlets.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
• Intermediate Food Hygiene Certificate
• Preferably a recognised formal qualification in culinary arts
• Highly developed organisational skills, deployable in a multi-tasking environment.
• Ability to work as part of a team and the ability to foster and motivate a team.
• The ability and willingness to learn and try new things, to be flexible and step outside of your comfort zone.
• An open and honest way of communicating, ready to ask others for their ideas and to be open to hear and consider different points of view.
• A pro-active approach to taking initiative and to driving forward ideas and projects designed to improve daily operations and deliver an exceptional visitor experience.
Application Deadline: Sunday 11/02/2024