Visitor Services Assistant - Collections Care
Organisation: The National Trust for Scotland
Salary: £21,260 pro-rata, per annum
We are looking for enthusiastic, motivated and talented customer focused individuals to join our team at Crathes Castle.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
The post is responsible for providing a consistently high standard for a wide variety of housekeeping duties in connection with the well-being and care of the property
• The general ongoing operational cleaning of all areas as necessary, including but not limited to toilet cleaning, emptying waste bins and as appropriate vacuum cleaning, mopping, sweeping, dusting and polishing when required etc.
• Actively support the Trust’s Conservation programme and undertake general housekeeping duties to the highest level of care.
• In line with current NTS best practice, clean and care for the collection of furniture, books, artworks, glass, china, silverware, other artifacts and delicate fabrics and curtains.
• Reporting losses/breakages, wear and tear and repairs required immediately.
• Deliver excellent customer care (internal and external) to foster a friendly and inviting atmosphere for visitors, staff and volunteers.
• Working in harmony with other departments; visitor services, events, gardening, maintenance and site repair employees/contractors.
• Share in the common responsibility of working in a manner mindful of the Trust’s obligations to minimise impact on the environment, through e.g. efficient use of water/heat/light, recycling and the disposal of waste, considered use of transport.
• Follow Trust policy regarding Health and Safety, Environmental Sustainability, and Collections Care.
• Wearing correct uniform, name badges, or PPE as required.
• Reporting all H&S hazards or fire risks immediately.
The current duties of this job do not require a criminal records (Disclosure Scotland) check to be carried out.
SCOPE OF JOB
• Will have regular (daily) interaction with members of the public of all ages and abilities.
REQUIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
• Ability to work within a team or independently, with minimal supervision to a high and safe standard.
• Ability to be flexible, in particular to adapt working patterns and tasks to meet day-to-day property needs.
• Sound previous housekeeping experience.
• Personal commitment to high standards of cleanliness.
• Personal commitment to excellence in customer care.
• Attentive to detail with an eye for presentation and finish.
• This is a physical job, which will normally include use of vacuums, mop and bucket, lifting, fetching and carrying laundry and objects.
• Working flexibly in response to the needs to the business, including evening/weekend work and lone working.
• The ability and willingness to learn and try new things, to be flexible and step outside of your comfort zone.
• A pro-active approach to taking initiative and to driving forward ideas and projects designed to improve daily operations and deliver an exceptional visitor experience.
Application Deadline: Friday 19/08/2022