Visitor Services Assistant - Collections Care
Organisation: The National Trust for Scotland
Salary: £21,260 pro-rata, per annum
Location: Leith Hall
We are looking for enthusiastic, motivated and talented customer focused individuals to join our team at Leith Hall.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
The post is responsible for providing a consistently high standard for a wide variety of housekeeping duties in connection with the well-being and care of the property
• The general ongoing operational cleaning of all areas as necessary, including but not limited to vacuum cleaning, sweeping and dusting etc.
• Actively support the Trust’s Conservation programme and undertake general housekeeping duties to the highest level of care.
• In line with current NTS best practice, clean and care for the collection of furniture, books, artworks, glass, china, silverware, other artifacts and delicate fabrics and curtains.
• Reporting losses/breakages, wear and tear and repairs required immediately.
• Deliver excellent customer care (internal and external) to foster a friendly and inviting atmosphere for visitors, staff and volunteers.
• Working in harmony with other departments; visitor services, events, gardening, maintenance and site repair employees/contractors.
• Share in the common responsibility of working in a manner mindful of the Trust’s obligations to minimise impact on the environment, through e.g. efficient use of water/heat/light, recycling and the disposal of waste, considered use of transport.
• Follow Trust policy regarding Health and Safety, Environmental Sustainability, and Collections Care.
• Wearing correct uniform, name badges, or PPE as required.
• Reporting all H&S hazards or fire risks immediately.
The current duties of this job do not require a criminal records (Disclosure Scotland) check to be carried out.
SCOPE OF JOB
• Potential for interaction with members of the public of all ages and abilities.
REQUIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
• Ability to work within a team or independently, with minimal supervision to a high and safe standard.
• Ability to be flexible, in particular to adapt working patterns and tasks to meet day-to-day property needs.
• Sound previous housekeeping experience.
• Personal commitment to high standards of cleanliness.
• Personal commitment to excellence in customer care.
• Attentive to detail with an eye for presentation and finish.
• This is a physical job, which will normally include use of vacuums, mop and bucket, lifting, fetching and carrying laundry and objects.
• Working flexibly in response to the needs to the business, including evening/weekend work and lone working.
• The ability and willingness to learn and try new things, to be flexible and step outside of your comfort zone.
• A pro-active approach to taking initiative and to driving forward ideas and projects designed to improve daily operations and deliver an exceptional visitor experience.
• Current UK Driving License
Application Deadline: Friday 19/08/2022