Visitor Services Assistant - Cook
Organisation: The National Trust for Scotland
Salary: £21,260 pro-rata, per annum
Location: Haddo House
A visit to The Courtyard Café is an important part of a trip to Haddo House & Country Park, for tourists and locals alike.
The café is a family and dog friendly venue, located within the original stable block at Haddo House.
With a mixture of indoor and outdoor seating we aim to cater for everyone, from the grab and go dog walker to the leisurely Sunday brunch crowd.
We pride ourselves on a warm welcome and a homely menu, serving up soups, as well as hearty meals such as macaroni cheese and deliciously tasty sandwiches. We also have a variety of treats for the sweet-toothed visitors, not forgetting our fabulous scones, seasonal milkshakes, and speciality coffees.
To provide a professional catering offer, under the direction of the Café Supervisor and the Food & Beverage Visitor Services Manager, the post holder will be an experienced cook/ baker with a proven track record of excellence in the kitchen.
They will cook, bake, and assist with the development of the catering operations, ensuring the maximisation of profits, while delivering the highest levels of quality and customer service.
• Plan, prepare, cook, and present food of the highest quality and standard.
• Ensure that food is prepared and served in a timely manner
• Accountable for cost effective stock management, ordering, storage, and wastage control
• Ensure compliance with health and safety, food hygiene, food allergen, licensing, and environmental health standards, completing all related record-keeping.
• Assist with menu development
• Assist with the delivery of hospitality events when required
• Ensuring that The Courtyard Café and other pop-up catering outlets have an excellent reputation for food and service
• To be customer focused on all times, approachable and quick to exceed expectations in fulfilling customer needs.
• To ensure all food is cooked, presented, and serviced within Trust Standards using innovation in the method and style of presentation and food service.
• To assist the Café supervisor with budget and costs management
• To show a deliverable financial management and commercial awareness in a commercial kitchen.
• To assist in ordering all necessary food and dry goods.
• To complete a monthly stock take
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
• Producing a daily menu and baking in a timely manner to the required standards in terms of presentation and quality
• Ensuring that standards of hygiene and cleanliness are maintained
• Achieve financial targets in line with budget
• Ensure that safe working practices are followed at all times by all members of staff
• Deliver excellent customer service, ensuring that the needs of the customer are prioritised.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
• Successful background in a busy catering environment with demonstrable ability to cook and bake.
• A real passion for food and customer service
• Well-developed time management and organisational skills.
• Must be able to work effectively on own initiative
• Food Hygiene Certificate
• Proven experience of implementing HACCP systems.
• Driving licence
• Must have a genuine understanding of, and belief in, the work of the National Trust for Scotland
• First Aid Certificate
Application Deadline: Friday 20/01/2023