Visitor Services Assistant - Food and Beverage
Organisation: The National Trust for Scotland
Salary: £21,260 pro-rata, per annum
Location: Crathes Castle
As a member of our Visitor Services team your job is to give visitors from across the globe a warm welcome to the iconic Crathes Castle, Garden and Estate and help generate the income that enables us to care for the property and other National Trust for Scotland properties.
Visiting our Cafés is an essential part of the visitor experience and the role of the Visitor Service Assistant – Food & Beverage is to make it a positive and memorable part of a visitor’s day with us.
You will help us maximize sales through excellent customer service and product knowledge, taking a pride in store presentation and effective behind-the-scenes processes.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
• To maintain excellent standards of site and personal presentation at all times;
• Welcoming visitors to the site and processing their catering purchases in a friendly, efficient and knowledgeable manner.
• Serving visitors with special needs / impairments and providing a high level of service in accordance with the Disability Discrimination Act;
• Serving international visitors and aiding with specific needs.
• Serving groups in an efficient and warm manner
• Answering visitors’ queries about the site, education facilities and the local area;
• Providing information about the site, its history, contents, offers and merchandise;
• Promoting National Trust for Scotland brand to include our Membership scheme, events, upselling other properties and any promotional campaigns, being proactive in the selling of Membership and Gift Aid;
• Ensuring all food and produce is prepared and displayed to a high standard;
• Wearing correct uniform, name badges, or PPE as required;
• Reporting all instances of damage and wear and tear issues promptly to your line manager;
• Working in harmony with other departments; Admissions, Retail, Maintenance and site repair employees/contractors.
Catering /Retail/Events/Cashier duties
• To ensure good housekeeping of catering kitchens, serveries and back of house areas.
• To assist in achieving site catering targets.
• Ensure that food offerings are consistently served at healthy standards
• Safely operate appropriate machinery and equipment for assigned tasks
• To actively upsell products and services to facilitate the visitors’ enjoyment.
• To actively feedback visitor comments to line managers to develop and improve offer, service, operations.
• To work flexibly across sites as needed.
• Report all incidents directly to line manager
Application Deadline: Friday 16/12/2022