Visitor Services Assistant - Food and Beverage
Organisation: The National Trust for Scotland
Salary: £22,672 pro-rata, per annum
As a member of Culloden Battlefield’s Catering team, you will be working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment serving a large range of international and local guests. You will work as part of a larger, multi-department team to ensure an unforgettable visitor experience every time. This includes Abertarff House, Hugh Miller’s Cottage and Culloden Battlefield.
This role is key to the visitor experience; your role is to put smiles on faces and ensure our visitors have an amazing visit.
REQUIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & ATTRIBUTES
• A warm, friendly and outgoing personality.
• Previous experience in a catering or customer-facing role, delivering impeccable customer care and food safety standards.
• Be responsible and proactive. Ensuring all day-to-day tasks are completed including record keeping and reporting figures, cleaning, preparation and basic administration as required.
• To provide consistently excellent customer service when dealing with high volumes of customers
• Cash reconciliation duties including start and end of day tasks, must have experience handling cash accurately and processing sales
• Be able to take responsibility for your own development and learning.
• Have a flexible approach to working hours and days including working weekend and Bank Holidays as appropriate.
• To work across departments when necessary, supporting the wider Culloden cluster
• Adhering to the property’s quality standards including but not limited to the wearing of uniform, being well presented with a good standard of personal hygiene.
• Ensuring health and welfare of property staff, volunteers, and visitors by adhering to the Trust’s Health, Safety and Environment policies and guidelines. This includes working within the property’s “Safe System of Work” (the system for managing Health & Safety).
• Ensuring Safe systems of work are implemented effectively within all activities
• Recognised First Aid Qualification.
• Experience of a Barista-style Coffee Machine and basic knowledge of Coffee types & styles
• SCPLH Qualification Alcohol.
• Knowledge of HACCP & COSHH systems.
• Access to your own transport.
• Basic Food Hygiene Qualification (will be expected to undertake if not held)
• Experience in EPOS style till operation.
• Excellent cash handling skills.
DIMENSIONS AND SCOPE OF JOB
⦁ Primarily based in the Visitor Centre café working a variety of shift patterns including weekends and early evenings but may involve working across all departments.
⦁ To adhere to all financial procedures including till operation, banking, and safeguarding of monies: to implement amendments to standard procedure as instructions may dictate.
Health and Safety
• To complete various online learning modules covering all aspects of on-site Health and Safety
• To use personal protective equipment as provided and directed by your line manager.
• Will be a frequent user of catering equipment and cleaning chemicals.
• Expected to work within and ensure compliance with the property’s ‘Safe Systems of Work’ (the system for managing health and safety and to ensure site meets with Health and Safety legislation).
• This role will involve manual handling
This role is shared across the Culloden cluster the post holder is required to travel occasionally to other locations on Trust business. Note that as the Trust’s properties are often in remote or rural locations where public transport may be limited, the ability and confidence to drive in the UK is essential.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
⦁ Welcoming visitors to the site and interact with them in a friendly, efficient, and knowledgeable manner.
⦁ Welcoming visitors with special needs / impairments and providing a high level of service in accordance with the Disability Discrimination Act.
⦁ Answering visitors’ queries about the sites, education facilities and the local area.
⦁ Promoting National Trust for Scotland brand to include our Membership scheme, events, upselling other properties and any promotional campaigns, being proactive in the selling of Membership and Gift Aid.
The above requirements reflect the scope of the job at the time of issue. The Trust reserves the right to amend these with appropriate consultation and/or request the post-holder to undertake any activities that it believes to be reasonable within the broad scope of the job or his/her general abilities.
Interested applicants should forward a completed application form to the People Services Department (Applications), The National Trust for Scotland, Hermiston Quay, 5 Cultins Road Edinburgh EH11 4DF, by mail or by email via email@example.com, by first post (i.e., 10.00am) on Friday 10th February 2023.
Application Deadline: Friday 10/02/2023