Visitor Services Assistant - Food and Beverage
Organisation: The National Trust for Scotland
Salary: £22,672 pro-rata, per annum
As a member of our Visitor Services team your job is to give visitors from across the globe a warm welcome to Pitmedden Garden and help generate the income that enables us to care for Pitmedden Garden and other National Trust for Scotland properties.
Visiting our tearoom is an essential part of the visitor experience and the role of the Visitor Service Assistant – Food & Beverage is to make it a positive and memorable part of a visitor’s day with us.
You will help us maximise sales through excellent customer service and product knowledge, taking a pride in store presentation and effective behind-the-scenes processes.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
• To provide a consistently high standard of visitor care at all times when:
• Welcoming all visitors to the site and processing their catering purchase in a friendly, efficient and knowledgeable manner; supporting visitors with special needs / impairments and providing a high level of service in accordance with the Equality Act.
• Answering visitors’ queries about the catering offer, deals, seating, and ingredients.
• Checking on how visitors are enjoying their experience of catering at Pitmedden Garden and enquiring whether all their needs are met.
• Consistently presenting high quality plating of food.
• Promoting the National Trust for Scotland and the benefits of membership of it.
• To maintain excellent standards of site and personal presentation at all times
• The general ongoing operational cleaning of all areas as necessary
• Wearing correct uniform, name badges, or PPE as required.
SCOPE OF JOB
• Regular interaction with members of the public of all ages and abilities.
• Regular interaction with employee and volunteer colleagues to share daily tasks and support a smooth visitor operation
Sales, stock and financial processes
• Help achieve sales targets and membership recruitment targets
• Operate tills and share end of day cash reconciliation duties, as appointed by the Supervisor.
Tools/equipment and cleaning chemicals
• Occasional user of cleaning chemicals.
• Expected to become familiar with and comply with the property’s Health and Safety policies or ‘ Safe Systems of Work’
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
• Ability to work within a team or independently, with minimal supervision, to a high and safe standard.
• Ability to be flexible and adapt working patterns and tasks to meet day-to-day variations in property needs.
• Ability to adjust pace to match customer flow without compromising quality of service.
• Excellent front of house persona – warm, welcoming, patient and understanding.
• Excellent selling skills.
• Ability to do basic cooking.
• Genuine belief in the value of good customer service.
• Ability to be proactive and to take the initiative.
• Access to own transport
• Basic Food Hygiene Qualification
• Demonstrable experience in sales with experience of EPOS systems and cash handling/reconciliation.
The current duties of this job do not require a criminal records (Disclosure Scotland) check to be carried out.
The Key Responsibilities, Scope of Job, and Required Qualifications, Skills, Experience & Knowledge reflect the requirements of the job at the time of issue. The Trust reserves the right to amend these with appropriate consultation and/or request the post-holder to undertake any activities that it believes to be reasonable within the broad scope of the job or his/her general abilities.
Interested applicants should forward a completed application form by email to email@example.com or by post to National Trust for Scotland, 5 Cutlins Road, Edinburgh, EH11 4DF by 24th Feb
Application Deadline: Friday 24/02/2023