Visitor Services Assistant - Food and Beverage
Organisation: The National Trust for Scotland
Salary: £22,672 pro-rata, per annum
Location: Brodie Castle
Here at National Trust for Scotland’s beautiful Brodie Castle we are looking for energetic, cheerful, and talkative individuals to join our amazing Food and Beverage team. No previous experience is needed, we would just love to hear from people who can interact and chat with our guests and make them feel welcomed and valued from the minute they arrive until we wish them farewell. This role is vital in providing our guests with the best possible service in whichever food outlet they have chosen to visit and helping our visitors to create wonderful memories. The role is varied and you may be creating the best barista coffee, making up a sandwich or serving a refreshing ice cream but whatever you are doing you’ll help us maximise all charity income opportunities through excellent customer service, product knowledge and taking pride in everything we do.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
To provide a consistently high staard of visitor care at all times
• Welcoming visitors to the site and processing their catering purchase in a friendly, efficient and knowledgeable manner;
• Welcoming visitors with special needs / impairments and providing a high level of service in accordance with the Disability Discrimination Act;
• Welcoming International visitors and aiding with specific needs.
• Welcoming groups in an efficient and warm manner
• Answering visitors’ queries about the site, education facilities and the local area;
• Providing information about the site, its history, contents, offers and merchandise;
• Promoting National Trust for Scotland brand to include our Membership scheme, events, upselling other properties and any promotional campaigns, being proactive in the selling of Membership and Gift Aid.
To maintain excellent standards of site and personal presentation at all times
• The general ongoing operational cleaning of all areas as necessary, toilet cleaning, emptying waste bins and as appropriate vacuum cleaning, mopping, sweeping, dusting and polishing when required;
• Ensuring site is ready to open and welcome visitors by the set opening time;
• Wearing correct uniform, name badges, or PPE as required.
• Reporting all instances of damage and wear and tear issues promptly to your line manager;
• Working in harmony with other departments; housekeeping, gardening, grounds maintenance and site repair employees/contractors.
Other duties (as required)
• To ensure good housekeeping of catering kitchens, serveries and back of house areas.
• To ensure that catering merchandising is in accordance with NTS policy.
• To assist in achieving site catering targets and KPI’s.
• To actively upsell products and services to facilitate the visitor’s enjoyment.
• To actively feedback visitor comments to line managers to develop and improve offer, service, operations.
• To work flexibly across departments and sites as needed.
• To assist with the set-up, stewarding and break-down of events in liaison with the events coordinator.
• To assist with Hospitality events. Staff may be asked to work through into the night hours.
• To adhere to all financial procedures to include till operations and cash reconciliation duties.
• Help achieve sales targets and membership recruitment targets.
• Upsell products within the café.
• Actively feedback visitor comments to line managers to improve offer, service and operation.
Health and Safety
• To ensure site meets with Health and Safety legislation in liaison with your department manager.
• To ensure that visitors vacate the site at close of business and that the site is secured at end of day.
• To use personal protection equipment as provided and directed by your line manager.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
• Ability to work within a team or independently, with minimal supervision to a high and safe standard.
• Ability to be flexible, to adapt working patterns and tasks to meet day-to-day variations in visitors, catering and general property needs.
• Ability to adjust pace to match customer flow without compromising quality of service.
• Excellent front of house persona – warm, welcoming, patient and understanding.
• Genuine belief in the value of good customer service.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Demonstrable time management skills and the ability to prioritise.
• Previous Hospitality/tourism/sales/catering experience
• Interest in nature and the outdoors
The Key Responsibilities, Scope of Job, and Required Qualifications, Skills, Experience & Knowledge reflect the requirements of the job at the time of issue. The Trust reserves the right to amend these with appropriate consultation and/or request the post-holder to undertake any activities that it believes to be reasonable within the broad scope of the job or his/her general abilities.
Application Deadline: Friday 07/04/2023