Visitor Services Assistant - Food and Beverage
Organisation: The National Trust for Scotland
Salary: £22,672 pro-rata, per annum
Location: Pollok House
Do you have a passion for food and dedicated to high levels of customer service?
Visiting our Café is an essential part of the visitor experience for those coming to Pollok House and the role of the Visitor Service Assistant – Food & Beverage is to make it a positive and memorable part of a visitor’s day with us. Our café is a busy operation, and the ideal candidate should be experienced in a high volume, fast paced environment. Barista experience would be beneficial for this role however training will be given.
We also operate as a function venue so this role will be required to work evenings on occasion to assist with weddings or other events. Previous experience in a function venue dealing with large scale dinner service and bar service would be beneficial.
Core hours will be the minimum hours available, with the opportunity to work additional hours to suit the needs of the business. Must have full weekend availability, hours will be issued on a rota basis.
We pride ourselves on creating a team work ethic here at Pollok house so you may be required for additional support with other areas of the property such as Admissions, Retail, and Events activities to meet the business needs.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
• To provide a consistently high standard of visitor care at all times
• Welcoming all visitors to the site and processing their catering purchase in a friendly, efficient, and knowledgeable manner; supporting visitors with special needs / impairments and providing a high level of service in accordance with the Equality Act.
• Answering visitors’ queries about the catering offer, deals, seating, and ingredients.
• Checking on how visitors are enjoying their experience of catering at and enquiring whether all their needs are met.
• To maintain excellent standards of site and personal presentation at all times
• The general ongoing operational cleaning of all areas as necessary
• Wearing correct uniform, name badges, or PPE as required.
SCOPE OF JOB
• Regular interaction with members of the public of all ages and abilities.
• Regular interaction with employee and volunteer colleagues to share daily tasks and support a smooth visitor operation
Sales, stock and financial processes
• Help achieve sales targets and membership recruitment targets
• Operate tills and share end of day cash reconciliation duties, as appointed by Visitor Services Supervisor
• Regularly assist in ordering all necessary food and dry goods
Tools/equipment and cleaning chemicals
• Occasional user of cleaning chemicals.
• Expected to become familiar with and comply with the property’s Health and Safety policies or Safe Systems of Work’
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
• Ability to work within a team or independently, with minimal supervision, to a high and safe standard.
• Demonstrate experience in F&B service environment
• Ability to be flexible and adapt working patterns and tasks to meet day-to-day variations in property needs. This will include evenings to support events, such as weddings.
• Ability to adjust pace to match customer flow without compromising quality of service.
• Excellent front of house persona – warm, welcoming, patient and understanding.
• Excellent selling skills.
• Genuine belief in the value of good customer service.
• Ability to be proactive and to take the initiative.
• Basic Food Hygiene Qualification.
• Access to own transport.
• Basic Food Hygiene Qualification.
• Demonstrable experience in sales with experience of EPOS systems and cash handling/reconciliation.
The current duties of this job do not require a criminal records (Disclosure Scotland) check to be carried out.
The Key Responsibilities, Scope of Job, and Required Qualifications, Skills, Experience & Knowledge reflect the requirements of the job at the time of issue. The Trust reserves the right to amend these with appropriate consultation and/or request the post-holder to undertake any activities that it believes to be reasonable within the broad scope of the job or his/her general abilities.
Application Deadline: Friday 28/04/2023