Visitor Services Assistant - Food and Beverage
Organisation: The National Trust for Scotland
Salary: £21,260 pro-rata, per annum
Purpose of the role
To maximise our visitors’ enjoyment of National Trust for Scotland managed sites by maintaining excellent standards of service, optimising opportunities to generate income and ensuring that the site and its assets are safe and secure. Specifically, to ensure the smooth and safe operations in Food & Beverage services making Threave Gardens & Estate the best possible place to visit and work.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
To provide a consistently high standard of visitor care at all times
• Welcoming visitors to the site and processing their catering purchase in a friendly, efficient and knowledgeable manner;
• Providing information about the site, its history, contents, offers and merchandise;
• Promoting National Trust for Scotland brand to include our Membership scheme, events, upselling other properties and any promotional campaigns, being proactive in the selling of Membership and Gift Aid.
To maintain excellent standards of site and personal presentation at all times
• The general ongoing operational cleaning of all areas as necessary, toilet cleaning, emptying waste bins and as appropriate vacuum cleaning, mopping, sweeping, dusting and polishing when required;
• Ensuring site is ready to open and welcome visitors by the set opening time;
• Wearing correct uniform, name badges, or PPE as required.
• Reporting all instances of damage and wear and tear issues promptly to your line manager;
• Working in harmony with other departments; housekeeping, gardening, grounds maintenance and site repair employees/contractors.
Other duties (as required)
• To ensure good housekeeping of catering kitchens, serveries and back of house areas.
• To ensure that catering merchandising is in accordance with NTS policy.
• To assist in achieving site catering targets and KPI’s.
• To actively upsell products and services to facilitate the visitor’s enjoyment.
• To actively feedback visitor comments to line managers to develop and improve offer, service, operations.
• To work flexibly across departments and sites as needed; this may include retail, admissions and events.
• To adhere to all financial procedures to include till operations and cash reconciliation duties.
• Help achieve sales targets and membership recruitment targets.
• Upsell products within the café.
• Actively feedback visitor comments to line managers to improve offer, service and operation.
Health and Safety
• To ensure site meets with Health and Safety legislation in liaison with your department manager.
• To ensure that visitors vacate the site at close of business and that the site is secured at end of day.
• To use personal protection equipment as provided and directed by your line manager.
Application Deadline: Friday 03/06/2022