Visitor Services Assistant - Food and Beverage
Organisation: The National Trust for Scotland
Salary: £22,672 pro-rata, per annum
Location: Culzean Castle
Here at National Trust for Scotland’s beautiful Culzean Castle we are looking for energetic, cheerful, and hard-working individuals to join our amazing Food and Beverage team.
Previous experience would be advantageous, but is not essential, as full training will be provided.
We would love to hear from people who can interact with our guests and make them feel welcomed and valued from the minute they arrive until we wish them farewell. This role is vital in providing our guests with the best possible service in whichever food outlet they have chosen to visit and helping our visitors to create wonderful memories.
The role is varied and covers everything for taking orders to serving food and drinks to our customers, being the best barista or a hot-shot ice-cream scooper, but whatever you are doing you’ll help us maximise all charity income opportunities through excellent customer service, product knowledge, following best working procedures and taking pride in everything we do.
Core hours will be the minimum hours available, with the opportunity to work additional hours to suit the needs of the business. Must have full flexibility and weekend availability, hours will be issued on a weekly rota basis.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
To provide a consistently high standard of visitor care at all times
• Welcoming all visitors to the site and processing their Food & Beverage purchase in a friendly, efficient and professional manner.
• Assist all visitors with queries relating to Food & Beverage purchases or experience
• Promoting National Trust for Scotland brand to include our Membership scheme, events, upselling other properties and any promotional campaigns, being proactive in the selling of Membership and Gift Aid.
To maintain excellent standards of site and personal presentation at all times
• Wearing correct uniform, name badges, or PPE as required.
• Ensuring site is ready to open and welcome visitors by the set opening time.
• The general ongoing operational cleaning of all areas as necessary; toilet cleaning, emptying waste bins and as appropriate vacuum cleaning, mopping, sweeping, dusting and polishing when required.
• Reporting all instances of damage and wear and tear issues promptly to your line manager.
• Working in harmony with other departments; housekeeping, gardening, grounds maintenance and site repair employees/contractors.
• To adhere to all financial procedures to include till operation and banking and safeguarding of monies.
• To implement amendments to standard procedure as instructions may dictate.
Food & Beverage Duties
• To ensure good housekeeping of catering kitchens, serveries, front and back of house areas.
• To ensure that retail merchandising is in accordance with NTS policy.
• To assist in achieving site targets and KPI’s.
• To actively upsell products and services to facilitate the visitor’s enjoyment.
• To actively feedback visitor comments to line managers to develop and improve offer, service, operations.
• To work flexibly across departments and sites as needed.
• To assist with the set-up, stewarding and break-down of events in liaison with the hospitality coordinator.
• To assist with Hospitality events. Staff may be asked to work through into the night hours.
Health and Safety Responsibilities
• To ensure site meets with Health and Safety legislation in liaison with your department manager.
• To ensure that visitors vacate the site at close of business and that the site is secured at end of day.
• To use personal protection equipment as provided and directed by your line manager
Application Deadline: Sunday 11/02/2024