Visitor Services Assistant - Food and Beverage
Organisation: The National Trust for Scotland
Salary: £21,260 pro-rata, per annum
Location: Kellie Castle
As a member of our Visitor Services team your job is to give visitors from across the globe a warm welcome to Kellie Castle tea room and help generate the income that enables us to care for the Castle & Gardens.
Visiting the tearoom is an essential part of the visitor experience and the role of the Visitor Service Assistant – Catering is to make it a positive and memorable part of a visitor’s day with us.
You’ll help us maximise sales through excellent customer service and product knowledge, taking a pride in tearoom presentation and effective behind-the-scenes processes.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
• To provide a consistently high standard of visitor care always by:
• Welcoming all visitors to the site and processing their order in a friendly, efficient and knowledgeable manner.
• Assist in food preparation and stock management.
• Answering visitors’ queries about the catering offer, deals, seating, and ingredients.
• Checking on how visitors are enjoying their experience of catering at Kellie and enquiring whether all their needs are met.
• Consistently presenting high quality plating of food.
• Promoting the National Trust for Scotland and the benefits of membership.
• Maintaining excellent standards of site and personal presentation at all times
• The general ongoing operational cleaning of all areas as necessary
• Wearing correct uniform, name badges, or PPE as required.
SCOPE OF JOB
• Regular interaction with members of the public of all ages and abilities, many from overseas.
• Regular working with employee and volunteer colleagues to share daily tasks and support a smooth visitor operation.
Sales, stock and financial processes
• Help achieve sales targets and membership recruitment targets.
• Operate tills and share end of day cash reconciliation duties, as appointed by Visitor Services Supervisor.
• Support the Visitor Services Supervisor with stock management processes.
Tools/equipment and cleaning chemicals
• Occasional user of cleaning chemicals.
• Expected to become familiar with and comply with the property’s Health and Safety and food hygiene policies or ‘Safe Systems of Work’
The current duties of this job do not require a criminal records (Disclosure Scotland) check to be carried out.
Application Deadline: Friday 24/06/2022