Visitor Services Assistant - Food and Beverage
Organisation: The National Trust for Scotland
Salary: £21,260 pro-rata, per annum
Location: Fyvie and Haddo House
As a member of our Visitor Services team your job is to give visitors from across the globe a warm welcome and help generate the income that enables us to care for the National Trust for Scotland properties.
Visiting our tearoom is an essential part of the visitor experience and the role of the Visitor Service Assistant – Food & Beverage is to make it a positive and memorable part of a visitor’s day with us.
You will help us maximise sales through excellent customer service and product knowledge, taking a pride in store presentation and effective behind-the-scenes processes.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
• To provide a consistently high standard of visitor care at all times when:
• Welcoming all visitors to the site and processing their catering purchase in a friendly, efficient and knowledgeable manner; supporting visitors with special needs / impairments and providing a high level of service in accordance with the Equality Act.
• Answering visitors’ queries about the catering offer, deals, seating, and ingredients.
• Checking on how visitors are enjoying their experience of catering and enquiring whether all their needs are met.
• Consistently presenting high quality plating of food.
• Promoting the National Trust for Scotland and the benefits of membership of it.
• To maintain excellent standards of site and personal presentation at all times
• The general ongoing operational cleaning of all areas as necessary
• Wearing correct uniform, name badges, or PPE as required.
SCOPE OF JOB
• Regular interaction with members of the public of all ages and abilities.
• Regular interaction with employee and volunteer colleagues to share daily tasks and support a smooth visitor operation
Sales, stock and financial processes
• Help achieve sales targets
• Operate tills and share end of day cash reconciliation duties, as appointed by Supervisor
Tools/equipment and cleaning chemicals
• Occasional user of cleaning chemicals.
• Expected to become familiar with and comply with the property’s Health and Safety policies or ‘ Safe Systems of Work’
Application Deadline: Friday 01/07/2022