Visitor Services Assistant - Food and Beverage
Organisation: The National Trust for Scotland
Salary: £21,260 pro-rata, per annum
Location: Hill House
Purpose of the role
The National Trust for Scotland opened stage one of a ten-year conservation program in summer 2019. The Hill House is now protected by a steel frame structure which incorporates walkways over the house and a new visitor center and café which delivers a unique heritage visitor experience.
We are looking for talented and customer focused individuals to join our team and to help us make The Hill House a 5* Visitor Attraction
We are looking for people who have experience or a keen interest in Catering.
To provide a consistently high standard of visitor care when –
• Welcoming visitors to the café and working in an efficient and knowledgeable manner
• Welcoming visitors with special needs / impairments and providing a high level of service in accordance with the Equality Act.
• Answering visitors queries about the catering offer
• Promoting the National Trust for Scotland and the benefits of membership.
To maintain excellent standards of site and personal presentation –
• Ensuring the café is fully stocked and set up daily
• Wearing correct uniform, name badges, or PPE as required
• Working in harmony with other departments within the property
Financial responsibilities –
• To adhere to all financial procedures to include till operations and cash reconciliation duties
• Help achieve sales targets and membership recruitment targets
• Upsell products within the café
• Actively feedback visitor comments to line managers to improve offer, service and operation
Application Deadline: Friday 24/06/2022