Visitor Services Assistant - Functions & Events
Organisation: The National Trust for Scotland
Salary: £19,760 pro-rata, per annum
Location: Aberdeenshire South
To maximise our visitors’ enjoyment of National Trust for Scotland managed sites by maintaining excellent standards of service, optimising opportunities to generate income and ensuring that the site and its assets are safe and secure.
Specifically, to ensure the smooth and safe operations of Functions and Events, with occasional work in Admissions, Retail, and Catering activities making the property the best possible place to visit and work.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
• To assist with the set-up, stewarding and break-down of events.
• To assist with hospitality events. Staff may be asked to work through into the night hours.
• To ensure good housekeeping of all event areas, including kitchens, serveries and back of house areas.
• To assist in achieving site retail/catering/events targets and KPI’s.
• To ensure that retail merchandising is in accordance with NTS policy.
• To actively upsell products and services to facilitate the visitor’s enjoyment.
• To actively feedback visitor comments to line managers to develop and improve offer, service, operations.
• To work flexibly across departments and sites as needed.
To provide a consistently high standard of visitor care at all times
• Welcoming guests to various events, and facilitating throughout the evening to ensure an enjoyable and memorable event.
• Welcoming visitors to the site and processing their admission/retail or catering purchase in a friendly, efficient and knowledgeable manner.
• Welcoming visitors with special needs / impairments and providing a high level of service in accordance with the Disability Discrimination Act.
• Welcoming International visitors and aiding with specific needs.
• Welcoming groups in an efficient and warm manner.
• Answering visitors’ queries about the site, education facilities and the local area.
• Providing information about the site, its history, contents, offers and merchandise.
• Promoting National Trust for Scotland brand to include our Membership scheme, events, upselling other properties and any promotional campaigns, being proactive in the selling of Membership and Gift Aid.
To maintain excellent standards of site and personal presentation at all times
• The general ongoing operational cleaning of all areas as necessary, toilet cleaning, emptying waste bins and as appropriate vacuum cleaning, mopping, sweeping, dusting and polishing when required.
• Ensuring site is ready to open and welcome visitors by the set opening time.
• Wearing correct uniform, name badges, or PPE as required.
• Reporting all instances of damage and wear and tear issues promptly to your line manager.
• Working in harmony with other departments; housekeeping, gardening, grounds maintenance and site repair employees/contractors.
• To adhere to all financial procedures to include till operation and banking and safeguarding of monies: to implement amendments to standard procedure as instructions may dictate.
Health and Safety
• To ensure site meets with Health and Safety legislation in liaison with your department manager.
• To ensure that visitors vacate the site at close of business and that the site is secured at end of day.
• To use personal protection equipment as provided and directed by your line manager
Application Deadline: Friday 15/04/2022