Visitor Services Assistant - Housekeeping
Organisation: The National Trust for Scotland
Salary: £21,260 pro-rata, per annum
Location: Leith Hall
To maximise visitor enjoyment by providing an efficient and accurate service, and high standards in housekeeping based on the needs of the property.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
The Housekeeper is responsible for a wide variety of housekeeping duties in connection with the well-being and care of visitor facilities at Leith Hall (as per the Trust’s Housekeeping Procedures Manual), including the following:
• Maintain stock-levels of housekeeping consumables and janitorial supplies.
• Routinely clean and look after the staff and commercial areas of the property and will involve but is not limited to:
o vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, polishing of floors
o dusting/wiping of sills, skirtings, door, and window frames
o cleaning of windows
o cleaning of lavatories, sinks, etc
o cleaning of bathroom/toilet areas and fittings
o cleaning of commercial kitchen areas and equipment
o checking functionality of lighting, heating
o replenishing of consumables
o disposal of general household waste
• Assist with the administration of any repair works.
• Monitor the condition of furniture – reporting any loss or damage to the Visitor Services Supervisor
• Ensure COVID 19 Guidelines and Safe Systems of Work is implemented effectively within function and with external contractors.
• Undertake any administration required in support of housekeeping, including (but not limited to): planning regimes for routine and in-depth cleaning; stock control and ordering of recommended cleaning consumables/janitorial supplies; recording work undertaken.
• Deliver excellent customer care to foster a friendly and inviting atmosphere for visitors.
• Share in the common responsibility of working in a manner mindful of the Trust’s obligations to minimise impact on the environment, through e.g. efficient use of water/heat/light, recycling and the disposal of waste, and considered use of transport.
• In accordance with the property’s procedures, share in the common responsibility for the safe evacuation or management of colleagues and visitors in the event of a fire or security alert or alarm. This includes weekly fire alarm checks whilst cleaning and keeping a record of the checks.
The current duties of this job do not require a criminal record (Disclosure Scotland) check to be carried out.
Application Deadline: Friday 13/05/2022