Visitor Services Assistant - Housekeeping
Organisation: The National Trust for Scotland
Salary: £21,260 pro-rata, per annum
Location: Pollok House
To maximise our visitors’ enjoyment of National Trust for Scotland managed sites by maintaining the excellent standards we set across our properties to enable us to provide the best possible experience for our visitors. Providing an efficient, reliable service and high standards in housekeeping based on the needs of the property. Specifically, to ensure that all areas and public facilities are cleaned and maintained to the highest standards, to make the property the best possible place to visit and work.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
The post is responsible to provide a consistently high standard for visitor care at all time and for a wide variety of housekeeping duties in connection with the well-being and care of the property. Besides the focus on the area housekeeping the role supports other VSA areas as admissions, catering, retail etc. in response to the needs to the business.
• Ensuring a high standard of cleanliness to all visited and non-visited areas of the property as directed by your line manager;
o The general ongoing operational cleaning of all areas as necessary, as toilet cleaning, emptying waste bins and as appropriate vacuum cleaning, mopping, sweeping, dusting and polishing when required etc.;
o Working with the public, cleaning during trading hours.
• Ensuring site is ready to open and welcome visitors by the set opening time;
• Actively support the Trust’s Conservation programme and undertake general housekeeping duties to the highest level of care which may include:
o In line with current NTS best practice, clean and care for the collection of furniture, books, artworks, glass, china silverware, other artifacts and delicate fabrics and curtains;
o Checking of collections and domestic inventories during changeover;
• Reporting losses/breakages, wear and tear and repairs required immediately to your line manager;
• Deliver excellent customer care (internal and external) to foster a friendly and inviting atmosphere for visitors, staff and volunteers;
• Working in harmony with other departments; visitor services, events, gardening, maintenance and site repair employees/contractors;
• Provide support to enable functions and events to be successfully delivered;
Application Deadline: Friday 03/06/2022