Visitor Services Assistant - Housekeeping
Organisation: The National Trust for Scotland
Salary: £19,889 pro-rata, per annum
Location: Torridon House, Torridon, ACHNASHEEN, IV22 2HA
To maximise visitor enjoyment by providing an efficient and accurate service, and high standards in housekeeping based on the needs of the property.
Torridon is a spectacular mountain property situated within the Highland & Islands regional portfolio and includes some of Scotland’s finest mountain scenery popular with walkers, geologists, and naturalists. Torridon is a much sought-after holiday destination for visitors providing accommodation for families and organised groups through two holiday cottages and a bunkhouse situated within the property.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
The Housekeeper is responsible for a wide variety of housekeeping duties in connection with the well-being and care of the holiday accommodation at Torridon estate (as per the Trust’s Housekeeping Procedures Manual), including the following:
• Maintain stock-levels of housekeeping consumables and janitorial supplies.
• Routinely clean and look after the holiday accommodation and will involve but is not limited to:
o vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, polishing of floors
o dusting/polishing of surfaces and fittings such as furniture, ornaments, panelling, stairs, and doors
o dusting/wiping of sills, skirtings, door, and window frames
o cleaning of windows
o cleaning of lavatories, sinks, etc
o changing of bed linen and towels, and making of beds
o cleaning of bathroom/toilet areas and fittings
o cleaning of kitchen areas and equipment
o checking functionality of lighting, heating, TV/radio etc
o replenishing of welcome/hospitality trays, and consumables
o cleaning and providing clean laundry for each occupancy
o disposal of general household waste
• To be first point of contact in case of queries or questions from clients regarding the holiday property and to provide additional service or help when requested.
• Assist with the administration of any repair works, liaising with the Head Ranger to arrange necessary repairs.
• Monitor the condition of furniture – reporting any loss or damage to the Head Ranger.
• Ensure COVID 19 Guidelines and Safe Systems of Work is implemented effectively within function and with external contractors.
• Undertake any administration required in support of housekeeping, including (but not limited to): planning regimes for routine and in-depth cleaning; stock control and ordering of recommended cleaning consumables/janitorial supplies; recording work undertaken.
• Deliver excellent customer care to foster a friendly and inviting atmosphere for visitors.
• Share in the common responsibility of working in a manner mindful of the Trust’s obligations to minimise impact on the environment, through e.g. efficient use of water/heat/light, recycling and the disposal of waste, and considered use of transport.
• In accordance with the property’s procedures, share in the common responsibility for the safe evacuation or management of colleagues and visitors in the event of a fire or security alert or alarm. This includes weekly fire alarm checks whilst cleaning and keeping a record of the checks.
The current duties of this job do not require a criminal record (Disclosure Scotland) check to be carried out.
Operations Manager – North West Highlands
Head Ranger – Torridon
• Sound previous housekeeping experience including:
o cleaning and presentation of areas open to the public or let for (holiday-) rental
o stocking/ordering housekeeping/janitorial supplies
• Personal commitment to high standards of cleanliness
• Reliable with a flexible approach to working schedule, i.e. requirement to work weekends
• Personal commitment to excellence in customer care
• Attentive to detail with an eye for presentation and finish
• Must have a genuine understanding of, and belief in, the work of the National Trust for Scotland
• This is a physical job, which will normally include use of vacuum cleaners and other cleaning tools and products as well as lifting and carrying objects.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with an ability to get along with a wide range of people.
• UK driving licence.
• Knowledge of the geographical location.
The Key Responsibilities, Scope of Job, and Required Qualifications, Skills, Experience & Knowledge reflect the requirements of the job at the time of issue.
Application Deadline: Friday 28/01/2022