Visitor Services Assistant - Housekeeping
Organisation: The National Trust for Scotland
Salary: £22,672 pro-rata, per annum
Location: Fyvie Castle
To maximise visitor enjoyment by providing an efficient and accurate service, and high standards in housekeeping based on the needs of the property.
Fyvie Castle is a popular visitor attraction for tourists and locals alike.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
The Housekeeper is responsible for a wide variety of housekeeping duties in connection with the well-being and care of the holiday accommodation and visitor facilities at Fyvie Castle (as per the Trust’s Housekeeping Procedures Manual), including the following:
• Maintain stock-levels of housekeeping consumables and janitorial supplies.
• Routinely clean and look after the holiday accommodation and will involve but is not limited to:
o vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, polishing of floors
o dusting/polishing of surfaces and fittings such as furniture, ornaments, panelling, stairs, and doors
o dusting/wiping of sills, skirtings, door, and window frames
o cleaning of windows
o cleaning of lavatories, sinks, etc
o changing of bed linen and towels, and making of beds
o cleaning of bathroom/toilet areas and fittings
o cleaning of kitchen areas and equipment
o checking functionality of lighting, heating, TV/radio etc
o replenishing of welcome/hospitality trays, and consumables
o cleaning and providing clean laundry for each occupancy
o disposal of general household waste
• Monitor the condition of furniture – reporting any loss or damage to the Visitor Services Manager
• Ensure COVID 19 Guidelines and Safe Systems of Work is implemented effectively within function and with external contractors.
• Deliver excellent customer.
• Share in the common responsibility of working in a manner mindful of the Trust’s obligations to minimise impact on the environment, through e.g. efficient use of water/heat/light, recycling and the disposal of waste, and considered use of transport.
• In accordance with the property’s procedures, share in the common responsibility for the safe evacuation or management of colleagues and visitors in the event of a fire or security alert or alarm. This includes weekly fire alarm checks whilst cleaning and keeping a record of the checks.
The current duties of this job do not require a criminal record (Disclosure Scotland) check to be carried out.
• Sound previous housekeeping experience including:
o cleaning and presentation of areas open to the public or let for (holiday-) rental
o stocking/ordering housekeeping/janitorial supplies
• Personal commitment to high standards of cleanliness
• Reliable with a flexible approach to working schedule, i.e. requirement to work weekends
• Personal commitment to excellence in customer care
• Attentive to detail with an eye for presentation and finish
• Must have a genuine understanding of, and belief in, the work of the National Trust for Scotland
• This is a physical job, which will normally include use of vacuum cleaners and other cleaning tools and products as well as lifting and carrying objects.
• UK driving licence.
• Knowledge of the geographical location.
The Key Responsibilities, Scope of Job, and Required Qualifications, Skills, Experience & Knowledge reflect the requirements of the job at the time of issue. The Trust reserves the right to amend these with appropriate consultation and/or request the post-holder to undertake any activities that it believes to be reasonable within the broad scope of the job or his/her general abilities
Application Deadline: Friday 03/03/2023