Visitor Services Assistant - Housekeeping
Organisation: The National Trust for Scotland
Salary: £22,672 pro-rata, per annum
To maximise our visitors’ enjoyment of National Trust for Scotland managed sites by maintaining the excellent standards we set across our properties to enable us to provide the best possible experience for our visitors. Providing an efficient, reliable service and high standards in housekeeping based on the needs of the property. Specifically, to ensure that all areas and public areas are cleaned and maintained to the highest standards, to make the property the best possible place to visit and work.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
The Housekeeper is responsible for a wide variety of housekeeping duties in connection with the well-being and care of the visited, non-visited and holiday accommodation at Crathes Castle and Estate per the Trust’s Housekeeping Procedures Manual, including the following:
• Routinely clean and look after the holiday accommodation and will involve but is not limited to:
o vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, polishing of floors
o dusting/polishing of surfaces and fittings such as furniture, ornaments, panelling, stairs, and doors
o dusting/wiping of sills, skirtings, door, and window frames
o cleaning of windows
o cleaning of lavatories, sinks, etc
o changing of bed linen and towels, and making of beds
o cleaning of bathroom/toilet areas and fittings
o cleaning of kitchen areas and equipment
o checking functionality of lighting, heating, TV/radio etc
o replenishing of welcome/hospitality trays, and consumables
o cleaning and providing clean laundry for each occupancy
o disposal of general household waste
• Assist with the administration of any repair works, liaising with the Visitor Services Supervisor to arrange necessary repairs.
• Ensure COVID 19 Guidelines and Safe Systems of Work is implemented effectively within function and with external contractors.
• Undertake any administration required in support of housekeeping, including (but not limited to): planning regimes for routine and in-depth cleaning; stock control and ordering of recommended cleaning consumables/janitorial supplies; recording work undertaken.
• Deliver excellent customer care to foster a friendly and inviting atmosphere for visitors.
• Share in the common responsibility of working in a manner mindful of the Trust’s obligations to minimise impact on the environment, through e.g. efficient use of water/heat/light, recycling and the disposal of waste, and considered use of transport.
• Ensuring a high standard of cleanliness to all visited and non-visited areas of the property as directed by your line manager
• The general ongoing operational cleaning of all areas as necessary, as toilet cleaning, emptying waste bins and as appropriate vacuum cleaning, mopping, sweeping, dusting and polishing when required etc
• Checking of domestic inventories during changeover
• Reporting losses/breakages, wear and tear and repairs required immediately to your line manager
• The current duties of this job do not require a criminal record (Disclosure Scotland) check to be carried out.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
No formal educational qualification required.
Skills, Experience & Knowledge
• Sound previous housekeeping experience including
• Clean and current driving license
• Cleaning and presentation of areas open to the public or holiday-rental accommodation
• Personal commitment to high standards of cleanliness
• Personal commitment to excellence in customer care
• Flexible, helpful outlook to customers and colleagues
• Attentive to detail with an eye for presentation and finish
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with an ability to get along with a wide range of people
• This is a physical job, which will normally include use of vacuum cleaners and other cleaning tools and products as well as lifting, fetching and carrying laundry and objects
• Working flexibly in response to the needs to the business, including evening/weekend work and lone working
The Key Responsibilities, Behaviours and Skills, Experience & Knowledge reflect the requirements of the job at the time of issue. The Trust reserves the right to amend these with appropriate consultation and/or request the post-holder to undertake any activities that it believes to be reasonable within the broad scope of the job or his/her general abilities.
Application Deadline: Friday 17/03/2023