Visitor Services Assistant - Part-Time and Full-Time
Organisation: Almond Valley Heritage Centre
Salary: National Living Wage
OVERVIEW OF THE POST
As a key support to the Senior Visitor Services Assistant, the visitor services assistant maximises our visitors enjoyment of Almond Valley Heritage Centre by maintaining excellent standards of service. Ensuring the smooth and safe operations in admissions, house management and events activities making Almond Valley Heritage Centre the best possible place to visit and work.
Due to the nature of this post the successful candidate will need to be over the age of 18 years old.
INFORMATION ABOUT TEAM
You will form part of the Visitor Operations Team, lead by the Operations Manager. The small dedicated team is made up of permanent and seasonal team members who contribute to the overall visitor experience.
SCOPE OF DUTIES
Key Responsibilities, Duties and Objectives
◦ Welcoming visitors to the site and processing their admission/retail purchases in a friendly, efficient and knowledgeable manner.
◦ Welcoming visitors with specific needs/impairments and providing a high level of service in accordance with the Equality Act.
◦ Welcoming large groups in an efficient and warm manner.
◦ Answering visitors’ queries about the site face to face and over the telephone.
◦ Housekeeping duties.
◦ Site Patrol and working along side the Tidy Team when required for tasks including toilet checks and litter picking.
◦ Assisting with rides, and being a train guard on the narrow gauge railway ride.
◦ Working alongside the team at special events.
Site and Personal Presentation
◦ The general ongoing operational cleaning of areas as necessary, sweeping, dusting and polishing where required.
◦ Ensuring that the front of house is is ready to open and welcome visitors by the set opening time.
◦ Wearing the correct uniform, name badge, or PPE where required.
◦ Report all instances of damage and wear and tear issues promptly to the Senior Visitor Services Assistant.
◦ Work in harmony with all other departments.
◦ To adhere to all financial procedures to include till operation and safeguarding of monies.
◦ Actively up sell memberships to facilitate the visitors enjoyment.
Health and Safety
◦ To ensure site meets with Health and Safety legislation in liaison with the Senior Visitor Services Assistant and Operations Manager.
◦ To ensure that visitors vacate the site at close of business and that the front of house is secured at end of day.
◦ Work in a responsible and safe manner at all times adhering to Health & Safety, safe working practices and Company Policies and Procedures.
• To provide a visitor focused service at all times ensuring that all work is completed to the highest standards.
• Represent the Almond Valley at all times by being smart in appearance and presentable whilst behaving in an appropriate manner in line with our cultural values.
• Be accountable for their own development seeking out opportunities to learn new skills to continuously improve.
• Such other reasonable duties as and when required by your Line Manager.
• The above list of duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope of the role.
Application Deadline: Wednesday 14/02/2024