Visitor Services Assistant - Retail
Organisation: The National Trust for Scotland
Salary: £22,672 pro-rata, per annum
Your job is to give a warm, Highland welcome and to generate the sales and income that helps us protect and preserve the site and many others in Scotland. You may be working across the Culloden Cluster sites, this includes Abertarff House, Hugh Miller’s Cottage and Culloden Battlefield. Voted a 5-Star destination by Visit Scotland, together we’ll deliver an amazing experience and unforgettable memories for all our happy customers.
This role is key to the visitor experience; your role is to put smiles on faces and ensure our visitors have an amazing visit.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
This role will assist the wider team to deliver the best visitor experience at Culloden cluster sites (including but not limited to):
• To provide excellent customer service.
• Be responsible and proactive. Ensuring all day-to-day tasks are completed.
• Cash reconciliation duties including end of day and administration tasks. Ensuring cash is handled accurate and there is continuity across all sales platforms.
• Working with the team to ensure best stock management.
• To actively drive-up selling opportunities through strong product knowledge and an excellent customer service to maximise sales and donations.
• Be able to take responsibility for your own development and learning.
• Have a flexible approach to working hours and days including working weekend and Bank Holidays as appropriate.
• To work across departments when necessary, supporting the wider Culloden Cluster team
• To develop a working knowledge of the history of the site and being able to relate that to visitors in a friendly and engaging way
• To provide consistently excellent customer service when dealing with high volumes of customers
• Adhering to the property’s quality standards including wearing of uniform.
• To adhere to the Trust’s Health, Safety and Environment policies and guidelines. This includes working within the property’s “Safe System of Work” (the system for managing Health & Safety).
• The current duties of this job do not require criminal records (Disclosure Scotland) check to be carried out.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
• Ability to work within a team or independently, with minimal supervision to a high and safe standard.
• Ability to be flexible/adaptable at work when required.
• Ability to adjust pace to match customer flow without compromising quality of service.
• Excellent front of house persona – warm, welcoming, patient and understanding.
• Excellent selling skills
• Genuine belief in the value of good customer service.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Demonstrable time management skills and the ability to prioritise.
• Ability to be proactive and to take the initiative.
• Previous cash handling experience
• Additional language skills
• Historical knowledge of the site and area
• Previous experience in hospitality, retail and tourism.
DIMENSIONS AND SCOPE OF JOB
This role involves working with colleagues and members of the public of all ages and abilities daily
This role will involve cash reconciliation duties as appointed by the Visitor Services Manager (Retail).
Tools / equipment / systems
There will be the occasional use of cleaning chemicals.
This role will involve manual handling.
Is expected to work and ensure compliance within the property’s ‘safe systems of work’ (the system for managing health and safety)
The Key Responsibilities, Scope of Job, and Required Qualifications, Skills, Experience & Knowledge reflect the requirements of the job at the time of issue. The Trust reserves the right to amend these with appropriate consultation and/or request the post-holder to undertake any activities that it believes to be reasonable within the broad scope of the job or his/her general abilities.
Application Deadline: Sunday 18/06/2023