Visitor Services Assistant - Weddings & Hospitality
Organisation: The National Trust for Scotland
Salary: £25,603 - £27,318 pro-rata, per annum
Location: Haddo House
We are looking for a self-motivated and organised individual, to manage and develop Haddo House wedding and corporate private hires business.
This role will ensure income opportunities are maximised in the context of consistently high standards of customer care and presentation.
Functions at Haddo House can range from intimate family dinners and tours to large corporate events and weddings for up to 250 guests. Every function requires the same level of planning and care, to deliver an outstanding product to our clients.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Developing and managing relationships of trust with potential and existing corporate and private hire clients, such that Haddo House continually develops and maintains its status as a ‘destination’ venue, renowned for its excellence of customer service.
• Supervising teams which include members of other House departments and outside contractors such that there is absolute clarity of objectives, tasks and standards; and ensure their delivery towards a collective goal.
• Provide duty management cover for the main visitor attraction as and when necessary, as part of a team of duty managers. To ensure the overall visitor experience remains to the highest standard.
• Developing and managing the functions business to increase income as part of the property’s drive for sustainability and help raise the profile of the work of the Trust at Haddo House in its wider context.
• Managing allocated budgets to ensure that income targets are met, or exceeded, and that expenditure is prudent and ‘value for money’
• Maintaining and recording all communication pertaining to customer bookings, such as dealing with emails, keeping the event diary up to date and informing relevant departments of planned activities.
• Managing equipment and supplies, such as banqueting furniture, catering equipment and supplies, to ensure the operational efficacy of the House.
• Working within the Health & Safety regime to ensure the H&S of staff/volunteers, clients and visitors.
• Coordinating, supervising and personally participating in the delivery and staffing of weddings, functions and events with the advice and support of the Visitor Services Manager and other team members.
• Demonstrating responsibility and accountability that all hospitality bookings are in line with the Trust’s Environmental Policy and being mindful of the Trust’s obligations to minimise the impact on the environment through efficient use of water/heat/light, recycling and disposal of waste and considered use of transport.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
The above outlines the key skills the post-holder will need to possess and exercise. In addition, either knowledge of or experience in the following is required:
• Hospitality Management experience demonstrating organisational, time management and coordination skills
• Proven sales skills with the ability to achieve targets
• Strong personal belief in the value of excellent customer care with the ability to translate this into actions
• Excellent team worker with the ability to work constructively between different teams, and lead and motivate others
• Effective verbal and written communication skills combined with confidence in dealing with a wide range of customers
• Hardworking and willing to keep a flexible work pattern
• A willingness to work with and support other departments as and when the need arises
• An understanding and commitment to the aims and objectives of the National Trust for Scotland
• Competent user of Microsoft Office products
• Hold a clean and current UK driving licence.
• A formal qualification in Hospitality or Event Management, or relevant experience.
• Personal licence holder (or be willing to train)
• Current First aid certification (or be willing to train and use)
• Current food hygiene certification (or be willing to train)
Application Deadline: Sunday 28/01/2024