Visitor Services Manager
Organisation: The National Trust for Scotland
Salary: £24,865 TO £27,628
We are looking for an experienced and forward-thinking individual to join the management team at the vibrant Pitmedden Garden and Museum of Farming Life.
This is an exciting opportunity within the heritage industry and the ideal candidate must be passionate about our vision for the future and what we do every day as a business: Bringing people together and providing them with the greatest visitor experience.
Brilliant design and meticulous maintenance give Pitmedden Garden its unique charm. With almost 6 miles of clipped box hedging, the parterres at the heart of the garden are a masterpiece of intricate patterns and sparkling colours, drawing visitors from near and far.
You will be responsible for the operational delivery of the overall visitor experience within Pitmedden Garden and the wider Estate.
Delivering performance standards and targets to ensure excellent levels of visitor satisfaction, while maximising key commercial, financial and development objectives, to ensure the property is property fully sustainable.
Your vision and drive will continue to build on our current , from creating fresh visitor numbers, bringing fresh ideas to showcasing our site to a wider audience, to handling initial enquiries and delivering memorable visitor experiences. Ultimately ensuring Pitmedden Garden is recognised as a first-class visitor attraction.
You will be part of a broader management team responsible for delivering an overall visitor service strategy, promoting good communication within the property and across the division as well as a joined-up service provision.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Staff and volunteers – (recruitment, induction, development, motivation, performance management) such that they are fully equipped and motivated to undertake their duties to the required Trust standards and that staffing budgets are adhered to;
• Responsible for the line management of Visitor Service Supervisors and Visitor Services Assistants, within Pitmedden Garden.
• Instil a Health & Safety culture across the property, ensuring the team work within the properties Risk Assessments to reduce risk of incidents and accidents to volunteers, employees and visitors.
• Budgets – (setting, phasing, monitoring, reporting, pro-active and re-active adjustments together with the Operations Manager, General Manager, Business Manager and Finance Manager) to ensure that the finances are sustainable within the context of the wider property budgets;
• Plan and deliver annual events and functions strategy with support of NE regional office and Visitor Service Supervisors.
• Create a culture of ‘exceptional service, every time’. Delivering high standards of delivery and a consistently warm welcome within the catering department
• Driving the visitor services experience to achieve financial targets, maximising income and profitability, using the Trust’s procedures and instructions. You will strive to be efficient and ensure cost effectiveness in all the work you do.
• Ensure the cornerstones of the National Trust for Scotland are achieved at every property namely, conservation, access and memorable visitor experiences for all guests.
• You will ensure high standards of presentation at all times, you may have delegated tasks within other departments and you will understand and help deliver your overall properties business plan.
• Taking responsibility for opening and closing and security of buildings as well as emergency procedure implementation, duty management and providing relief cover as required;
• The post holder will be designated for the property as the “responsible person” concerning issues around the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults. For this element of your role, you will be required to undergo a criminal record check.
Application Deadline: Friday 15/04/2022