Visitor Services Manager
Organisation: The National Trust for Scotland
Salary: £27,144 pro-rata, per annum
To provide operational coordination and supervision of visitor services, and events in line with the Trust’s policies, priorities, performance standards and targets to contribute to the enjoyment of the property by visitors and members, and help ensure commercial, financial, and conservation objectives are achieved.
The Visitor Services Supervisor at a Trust property plays a pivotal role ensuring that the management objectives are achieved through excellent customer service. As such, s/he directly influences public perceptions of the Trust and is crucial to developing and maintaining the property’s local/national reputation.
Delivering performance standards and targets to ensure enjoyment of the property by visitors and members is maximised and key commercial, financial and development objectives are achieved to make the property fully sustainable. You will be part of a broader management team responsible for delivering an overall visitor service strategy, promoting good communication across the site and a joined up service provision.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Staff and volunteers – (recruitment, induction, development, motivation, performance management) such that they are fully equipped and motivated to undertake their duties to the required Trust standards and that staffing budgets are adhered to;
• Instil a Health & Safety culture across the property, ensuring the team work within the property’s ‘Safe System of Work’ to reduce risk of incidents and accidents to volunteers, employees and visitors.
• Budgets – (setting, phasing, monitoring, reporting, pro-active and re-active adjustments together with the Operations Manager) to ensure that the finances are sustainable within the context of the wider property budgets;
• Housekeeping, maintenance and safety and security of the Property and grounds
• Liaising with contractors on projects and works on site
• Ensuring sites are clear of debris, rubbish etc and that signage is befitting of a Trust property
• Public engagement on site whilst carrying out duties
• Hosting of talks and walks and exclusive groups including weddings
• Monitoring and maintenance of car park machines as the main source of income (if applicable at site)
• Creation of charcoal and other retail goods (if applicable to site)
• Feeding of birds (if applicable to site)
• Driving the visitor services experience to achieve its financial targets, maximising income and profitability, using the Trust’s procedures and instructions. You will strive to be efficient and ensure cost effectiveness in all the work you do.
• You will ensure high standards of presentation across the property, you may have delegated tasks within other departments and you will understand and help deliver your overall property business plan.
• Taking responsibility for opening and closing and security of buildings as well as emergency procedure implementation, duty management and providing relief cover as required;
Application Deadline: Friday 25/02/2022