Visitor Services Manager - Food and Beverage
Organisation: The National Trust for Scotland
Salary: £33,702 - £37,281 pro-rata, per annum
Location: Aberdeenshire South
You will be responsible for the operational delivery of the Food & Beverage experience at Crathes Castle, Drum Castle, Craigievar Castle and Leith Hall (Aberdeenshire South Cluster).
Delivering performance standards and targets to ensure enjoyment of the property by visitors and members is maximised and key commercial, financial and development objectives are achieved to make the property fully sustainable.
You will be part of a broader management team responsible for delivering an overall visitor service strategy, promoting good communication across the site and a joined up service provision.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Driving the Food & Beverage department to achieve its financial targets, maximising income and profitability, using the Trust’s procedures and instructions. You will strive to be efficient and ensure cost effectiveness in all the work you do.
• You will work closely with the sites Visitor Services teams and will be responsible for the visitor experience on a day-to-day basis when they are not present.
• Create a culture of ‘exceptional service, every time’. Delivering high standards of delivery and a consistently warm welcome on every occasion.
• You will ensure high standards of presentation across the properties; you may have delegated tasks within other departments and you will understand and help deliver your overall property business plan.
• Taking responsibility for opening and closing and security of buildings as well as emergency procedure implementation, duty management and providing relief cover as required
• Staff and volunteers – (recruitment, induction, development, motivation, performance management) such that they are fully equipped and motivated to undertake their duties to the required Trust standards and that staffing budgets are adhered to;
• Instil a Health & Safety culture across the property, ensuring the team work within the property’s ‘Safe System of Work’ to reduce risk of incidents and accidents to volunteers, employees and visitors.
• Budgets – (setting, phasing, monitoring, reporting, pro-active and re-active adjustments together with the Operations Manager) to ensure that the finances are sustainable within the context of the wider property budgets;
Application Deadline: Friday 20/05/2022