Visitor Services Manager – Food & Beverage (Catering)
Organisation: Eden Scott
Salary: £33,702 to £37,281 per annum with significant company benefits and a car allowance of £3800 per annum.
Eden Scott is delighted to be working with the National Trust for Scotland, a charity established in 1931, to provide access and enjoyment to the properties, places and collections in its care. They also exist to protect what they look after for future generations to enjoy; and increasingly they are keen to act as a strong conservation voice for heritage and climate change response across Scotland.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the team at the Trust as Visitor Services Manager – Food & Beverage (Catering) which will be responsible for the operational delivery of the Food & Beverage experience at Glencoe National Nature Reserve and Glenfinnan Monument.
They welcome over half a million visitors from across the globe to these well-loved places and aim to give them all an enjoyable experience. Excellent food, drink and customer service are vital to this. And as Scotland’s largest conservation membership charity, every penny they make through their food and beverage offer supports their work protecting the nation’s natural and cultural heritage.
You will manage and develop the Highland Coo Café at Glencoe, with some of the finest mountain views around, plus the Viaduct View and the Monument View grab and go outlets within their facilities at Glenfinnan. You will also support a growing weddings and functions offer at each site. You will lead the catering team with menu design, food production, ordering, compliance and commercial performance, delivering a friendly, efficient service environment in line with the National Trust for Scotland’s policies, priorities, standards and targets. You will help make their places sustainable in every way.
Key responsibilities of the role:
• Lead menu development, preparation, cooking and presentation of a distinctive, high-quality, locally-sourced food and drink offering at three busy café outlets, plus complementary events and functions.
• Create a strong health & safety culture, ensuring compliance with food hygiene and environmental health standards, monitoring and record-keeping.
• Accountable for cost-effective stock sourcing, ordering, management and wastage control.
• Understand and adhere to the sale of alcohol legislation as a Premises Manager.
• Develop innovative new food and drink products and projects to enhance visitor enjoyment, bring alive their stories and drive visitor numbers.
• Create a culture of exceptional service, every time, leading by example with the warm welcome you give.
• Regularly monitor customer feedback, mystery visitor and VisitScotland audits and develop suitable action plans based on their results.
• Provide inspirational content for social media and media promotion.
• Responsible for ensuring a safe and smooth visitor centre operation as part of the duty manager team, taking an interest in the effective running of all aspects of the visitor experience.
• Recruit, induct, develop and performance manage your team to ensure they are fully equipped and motivated to undertake their front and back-of-house duties.
• Ensure staffing numbers, catering rotas and holiday allocation meets business needs and budgets.
• Enable the team to operate within their ‘Safe System of Work’ to minimise the risk of incidents or accidents and ensure preparedness for emergencies.
• Work closely with property colleagues and specialist advisory staff like their regional Catering Development Manager to ensure their catering offer is closely aligned with wider strategic plans.
• Work closely with the Operations Manager to set, phase, monitor and report on budgets to deliver ambitious, sustainable commercial performance and cost control.
• Encourage a culture of up-selling and personal recommendations among staff to grow spend per visitor.
• Supervise safe and secure café till operations, perform end-of-day income reconciliation as a duty manager and conduct end of month and year financial procedures.
• Ensure the longevity of their equipment, buildings and fittings through appropriate maintenance and/or replacement regimes.
Key skills and experience required:
Catering management and hands-on service delivery in a fast-paced, high volume customer environment
• Budget delivery and financial management driven by commercial awareness and monitoring
• Managing, leading, coordinating and developing a team with varying remits and competences
• Developing projects for specific areas of work / improvement
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and confidence in dealing with a wide range of staff, visitors and other stakeholders, with a friendly, confident manner
• Ability to manage time efficiently and effectively in an environment of changing priorities
• Comfortable with flexible working patterns, including some weekends and occasional evenings
• Understanding of and passion for the mission of the work of the National Trust for Scotland
• Familiar with Microsoft Office applications: Excel, PowerPoint, Word and online finance, ordering or HR systems and tools
• Hold, or, have the ability and willingness to hold a Scottish Personal Licence and Premise License
• Full clean driving license valid for the UK
• First Aid certification (or willingness to train and use)
This role offers an excellent competitive salary within a range of £33,702 to £37,281 per annum with significant company benefits and a car allowance of £3800 per annum.
Eden Scott are dealing exclusively with the Trust on this vacancy so to be considered for this exciting opportunity with a truly unique and best in class employer, please submit your CV online or to email@example.com and for an informal chat or to receive the full role information pack and job description please email or call Sally on 07776 662506.
Application Deadline: Monday 08/08/2022