Visitor Services Manager – Pitmedden Garden
Organisation: Eden Scott
Salary: £24,865 to £27,628 per annum with significant company benefits.
Location: Ellon, Aberdeenshire
Eden Scott is delighted to be working with the National Trust for Scotland, a charity established in 1931, to provide access and enjoyment to the properties, places and collections in its care. They also exist to protect what they look after for future generations to enjoy; and increasingly they are keen to act as a strong conservation voice for heritage and climate change response across Scotland.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the team at the Trust as Visitor Services Manager – Pitmedden Garden.
This role joins the management team at the vibrant Pitmedden Garden and Museum of Farming Life and is an exciting opportunity within the heritage industry and the ideal candidate must be passionate about their vision for the future and what they do every day as a business: Bringing people together and providing them with the greatest visitor experience.
Brilliant design and meticulous maintenance give Pitmedden Garden its unique charm. With almost 6 miles of clipped box hedging, the parterres at the heart of the garden are a masterpiece of intricate patterns and sparkling colours, drawing visitors from near and far.
Key responsibilities of the role:
• Staff and volunteers – (recruitment, induction, development, motivation, performance management) such that they are fully equipped and motivated to undertake their duties to the required Trust standards and that staffing budgets are adhered to;
• Responsible for the line management of Visitor Service Supervisors and Visitor Services Assistants, within Pitmedden Garden.
• Instil a Health & Safety culture across the property, ensuring the team work within the properties Risk Assessments to reduce risk of incidents and accidents to volunteers, employees and visitors.
• Budgets – (setting, phasing, monitoring, reporting, pro-active and re-active adjustments together with the Operations Manager, General Manager, Business Manager and Finance Manager) to ensure that the finances are sustainable within the context of the wider property budgets;
• Plan and deliver annual events and functions strategy with support of NE regional office and Visitor Service Supervisors.
• Create a culture of ‘exceptional service, every time’. Delivering high standards of delivery and a consistently warm welcome within the catering department
• Driving the visitor services experience to achieve financial targets, maximising income and profitability, using the Trust’s procedures and instructions. You will strive to be efficient and ensure cost effectiveness in all the work you do.
• Ensure the cornerstones of the National Trust for Scotland are achieved at every property namely, conservation, access and memorable visitor experiences for all guests.
• You will ensure high standards of presentation at all times, you may have delegated tasks within other departments and you will understand and help deliver your overall properties business plan.
• Taking responsibility for opening and closing and security of buildings as well as emergency procedure implementation, duty management and providing relief cover as required
Key skills and experience required:
• Management or supervisory experience within a museum, visitor attraction or hospitality industry.
• Ability to work ‘hands-on’ – including in the retail, events and admissions areas – alongside the team members, demonstrating the customer service skills required of all staff.
• Proven experience of team building within and between departments.
• Has a solution focused approach and is able to act independently.
• Excellent presentation skills.
• Experience in a retail and sales environments
• A full, clean driving license for driving the UK essential.
This role offers a competitive salary within a range of £24,865 to £27,628 per annum with significant company benefits.
Eden Scott are dealing exclusively with the Trust on this vacancy so to be considered for this exciting opportunity with a truly unique and best in class employer, please submit your CV online or to email@example.com and for an informal chat or to receive the full role information pack and job description please email or call Sally on 07776 662506.
No closing date has been set so please apply without delay.
Application Deadline: Thursday 14/07/2022