Visitor Services Manager - Welcome
Organisation: The National Trust for Scotland
Salary: £28,644 - £31,523 pro-rata, per annum
This role exists to ensure a best-in-class visitor experience that compliments the unique nature of one of Scotland’s most spectacular natural features, significant for its natural beauty, geology, SSI, NNR, and Gaelic culture leading all staff to contribute fully to the operations overall commercial and conservation success.
• Create a culture of ‘exceptional service, every time’, delivering high standards of customer experience and a consistently warm welcome to everyone.
• Motivation of all Staff and volunteers through exceptional recruitment, induction, development, motivation, and performance management to such a level that they are fully equipped and motivated to undertake their duties to the required Trust standards and that staffing budgets are adhered to
• Responsible for the catering, car parking and travel trade income departments to achieve their financial targets, maximizing income and profitability, using the Trust’s procedures and instructions. You will strive to be efficient and ensure cost effectiveness in all the work you do.
• Ensure high standards of presentation across the site You may have delegated tasks within other departments, and you will understand and help deliver the overall property business plan.
• Instill a Health & Safety culture across the property, ensuring the teamwork within the property’s ‘Safe System of Work’ to reduce risk of incidents and accidents to volunteers, employees and visitors.
• Ensure that all compliance KPI’s are delivered
• Responsible for purchase order control, raising and discrepancies
• Taking responsibility for opening and closing and security of buildings as well as emergency procedure implementation, duty management, providing relief cover as required and responding to out of hours duty manager call outs.
• Collaborate successfully with VSS estate Corrieshalloch/Inverewe, VSM’s Inverewe, VSM maintenance Inverewe and Inverewe Administrator to ensure successful multi site operational cross party working
• Collaborate successfully with VSS estate and site rangers to achieve Corrieshallochs NNR and SSSI objectives along with the NTS plan for nature strategy
• To ensure the successful running of all the other customer touch points of path networks, bridges and viewing platform.
• Demonstrating and ensuring high standards of presentation across the property. You may have delegated tasks within other departments, and you will understand and help deliver the overall property business plan.
• This role is one for which the duties/responsibilities/accountabilities of the role require you to become a member of the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) scheme, which replaces the ‘Enhanced Disclosure’ check and is administered by Disclosure Scotland.
• Manage as required in conjunction with other VSM’s based at Inverewe and Corrieshalloch VSS/ranger on site all formal and informal learning programmes across the operation, developing and delivering curriculum linked learning programmes for schools to include both indoor and outdoor learning.
• Assist the operations manager with the recruitment, training, and performance of all Corrieshalloch ambassadors and other volunteer roles as and when the need arises.
• Work closely with other VSM’s based at Inverewe to design and deliver a programme of visitor events, which increase visitor numbers, drive secondary spend and support overall operation targets.
• As business dictates you may be asked to work at Inverewe Garden in a VSM capacity
Application Deadline: Friday 26/08/2022