Visitor Services Supervisor
Organisation: The National Trust for Scotland
Salary: £22,752 pro-rata, per annum
Location: Falkland Palace
To provide operational coordination and supervision of retail, learning, visitor services, and events at in line with the Trust’s policies, priorities, performance standards and targets to contribute to the enjoyment of the property by visitors and members, and help ensure commercial, financial, and conservation objectives are achieved.
The Visitor Services Supervisor at a Trust property plays a pivotal role ensuring that the management objectives are achieved through excellent customer service, and, with delegated responsibility for catering, retail, events and duty management is very often the “face” of the Trust to visitors and suppliers. As such, s/he directly influences public perceptions of the Trust and is crucial to developing and maintaining the property’s local/national reputation.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Supervising/undertaking the day-to-day operation of the Palace and gardens to ensure an excellent customer/visitor experience. This includes supervision of:
• Visitor services, Catering, events and retail offer (including ordering, merchandising, sales targets);
• Line management of Visitor Services Assistants and volunteers
• Duty management and oversight/maintenance of the property
• Ensure the property social media is managed to generate interest, engagement and help drive visitors
• Deliver the schools programme to meet the targets for number of visits, revenue generated
• Support the informal learning and community engagement / outreach activity
• Ticketing & Membership sales (to targets) and general customer service (individuals, education visits, other groups);
• Security of the Property;
• Health & Safety procedures, emergency procedures, and environmental procedures;
• Deputising for the Visitor Services Manager / Operations Manager on-site and off-site as required
Responsible for day to day financial administration at the property, including
• Ensuring the completion of Cash/till reconciliation;
• Week-end reports and reconciliation;
• Completion of the banking and all cash handling processes
Supporting the Visitor Services Manager with
• recruitment; induction; development; and management of all visitor services employees and volunteers such that they understand and are equipped to fulfill their roles to the standards required and that they feel valued, respected and supported.
Working closely with other managers & supervisors across the Property to deliver a programme of visitor events, which increase visitor numbers, drive secondary spend and support overall Property targets;
Instil a Health & Safety culture across the property, ensuring the team work within the property’s ‘Safe System of Work’ to reduce risk of incidents and accidents to volunteers, employees and visitors.
Application Deadline: Thursday 28/01/2021