Visitor Services Supervisor - Events
Organisation: The National Trust for Scotland
Salary: £25,603 - £27,318 pro-rata, per annum
Location: Haddo House
We are looking for a self-motivated and organised individual, to manage and develop Haddo House events and third party event business.
Haddo House has a strong connection to the performing arts, with a 250 seater theatre, along side the beautiful rooms within the House, lending itself to a variety of events.
Haddo is proud to be home to Haddo House Choral & Operatic Society, Haddo Arts and also Haddo Children’s Theatre.
Hosting everything from piano concerts to easter egg trails, there is scope to develop this programme of events further and the role of the events coordinator will be to manage the full lifecycle of event management – from initial planning to post-event evaluation, delivering events that run smoothly, meet our high standards, and engage our diverse audience.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Developing and managing relationships of current arts groups, such that Haddo House continually develops and maintains its status as a ‘destination’ venue, renowned for its excellence of customer service.
• Supervising teams which include members of other House departments and outside contractors such that there is absolute clarity of objectives, tasks and standards; and ensure their delivery towards a collective goal.
• Provide duty management cover for the main visitor attraction as and when necessary, as part of a team of duty managers. To ensure the overall visitor experience remains to the highest standard.
• Developing and managing the events business to increase income as part of the property’s drive for sustainability and help raise the profile of the work of the Trust at Haddo House in its wider context.
• Managing allocated budgets to ensure that income targets are met, or exceeded, and that expenditure is prudent and ‘value for money’
• Maintaining and recording all communication pertaining to customer bookings, such as dealing with emails, keeping the event diary up to date and informing relevant departments of planned activities.
• Working with the senior team to manage equipment and supplies, such as banqueting furniture, catering equipment and supplies, to ensure the operational efficacy of the House.
• Working within the Health & Safety regime to ensure the H&S of staff/volunteers, clients and visitors.
• Coordinating, supervising and personally participating in the delivery and staffing of events with the advice and support of the Visitor Services Manager and other team members.
• Demonstrating responsibility and accountability that all event bookings are in line with the Trust’s Environmental Policy and being mindful of the Trust’s obligations to minimise the impact on the environment through efficient use of water/heat/light, recycling and disposal of waste and considered use of transport.
Application Deadline: Sunday 28/01/2024