Visitor Services Supervisor - Food and Beverage
Organisation: The National Trust for Scotland
Salary: £24,252 - £25,877 pro-rata per annum
Location: Crathes Castle
This is a fantastic opportunity to work as part of our leadership team at the iconic Crathes Castle, Garden and Estate, which attracts hundreds of thousands of people from across the globe every year.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day catering operations at our popular Crathes Castle Café 1702 and catering outlets. You will deliver our quality standards and performance targets, ensuring we offer customers a fantastic Food & Beverage experience.
You will be an enthusiastic team player who can supervise, coach and motivate your team. You will also be part of a broader duty management team responsible for promoting good communication across the site and a joined-up visitor services provision.
As a charity, every penny we raise goes back into the National Trust for Scotland’s conservation work, caring for this special place. You will lead by example to produce an enticing Food & Beverage menu, to recommend and upsell our range, and to promote complementary income-streams like retail, memberships and donations. You’ll help answer visitors’ questions about things to do here and share your enthusiasm for Crathes Castle stories, the work we do and what their money is funding.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Assist with operating the F&B Outlets to maximise sales and profitability whilst ensuring NTS standards, policies and procedures are maintained.
• Ensure the F&B Outlets are effectively teamed up to deliver quality products and genuine hospitality experience.
• Assist with menu preparation, cooking and presentation of a high-quality food and drink offer at all F&B Outlets.
• Ensure compliance with health and safety, food hygiene, food allergens, licensing and environmental health standards, completing all related record-keeping.
• Ensure security of the premises, team and Guests is always maintenance.
• Assist with maintenance tasks within the F&B Outlets
• Accountable for cost-effective stock management, ordering, storage, and wastage control.
• Accurate completion of daily and weekly administration tasks as directed by the VSM – F&B.
• Offer excellent Guests experience and ensure all members of the catering team following Department standards of operation.
• Support property-wide targets for completion of visitor surveys to understand more about our visitors.
• Act as one of our duty manager team, responsible for ensuring a safe and smooth visitor operation, opening/closing the Café 1702, addressing issues and emergency procedure, and providing relief cover, as required.
• Supervise the activities of a team of permanent and seasonal Visitor Service Assistants (VSAs), achieving excellent staff performance and motivation through daily work and development.
• Enable the team to be able to work at top speed without compromising on quality and standards.
• Assist with preparation of catering rotas and holiday allocation to meet business needs.
• Assist with labor productivity and budget control for staffing allowance.
• Assist with ensuring all team members are trained to minimum legal requirements including effective induction, training, task-setting and coaching on front and back-of-house routines.
• Share responsibility for achieving an F&B budget of around £450,000 a year.
• Monitor commercial performance and adjust activities to capitalize on sales opportunities and run a cost-effective catering operation.
• Supervise daily F&B Outlets tills operations and perform end-of-day income reconciliation as a duty manager.
• Assist the VSM – F&B with menu costing, controlling and stock taking.
Performance indicators and targets
• Weekly, monthly and annual sales and cost of sales targets
• Food compliance standards and record-keeping
• Visitor enjoyment reviews and ratings from visitor surveys and visitor feedback
• Staff satisfaction from staff surveys
Tools / equipment / systems
• Access to laptop and relevant online people management, training, financial monitoring and stock ordering systems, including NTS intranet and Microsoft 365.
• EPOS tills and chip and pin machines.
• Fully equipped commercial catering kitchens.
Application Deadline: Friday 16/12/2022