Visitor Services Supervisor - Food and Beverage
Organisation: The National Trust for Scotland
Salary: £24,737 - £26,395 pro-rata, per annum
Pitmedden Garden welcoming over 30,000 visitors each year and a visit to The Garden Tearoom at Pitmedden Garden is popular with locals and tourists alike.
We focus on providing a traditional tearoom experience, with guests relaxing in the sumptuous surroundings of Pitmedden House, overlooking the historic gardens, with outdoor seating also available during the warmer months.
We are enthusiastic about food and ‘Taste our Best’ and are looking for a Tearoom Supervisor to join our team and help put our afternoon teas on the map.
You will be responsible for the operational delivery of the visitor experience in the Food & Beverage department at Pitmedden Garden.
Delivering performance standards and targets to ensure enjoyment of the property by visitors and members is maximised and key commercial, financial and development objectives are achieved to make the property fully sustainable.
You will be part of a broader management team responsible for delivering an overall visitor service strategy, promoting good communication across the site and a joined-up service provision. You will report to the Food and Beverage Visitor Services Manager for Aberdeenshire North
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Offer excellent customer service and ensure all members of the catering team do the same.
• Delivering high standards and a consistently warm welcome within the catering department
• Act as one of our duty manager team, responsible for ensuring a safe and smooth visitor operation, opening/closing and security of buildings, addressing issues and emergency procedure and providing relief cover, as required.
• Lead with menu development ensuring presentation of a high-quality food and drink offer.
• Ensure compliance with health and safety, food hygiene, food allergen, licensing, and environmental health standards, completing all related record-keeping.
• Accountable for cost-effective stock management, ordering, storage and wastage control.
• Create & run food led events throughtout the year to support the overall business goals.
• Supervise the activities of a team of permanent and seasonal Visitor Service Assistants (VSAs), achieving excellent staff performance and motivation through effective induction, training, task-setting and coaching on front and back-of-house routines.
• Prepare catering rotas and holiday allocation to meet business needs.
• Work closely with specialist advisory colleagues, i.e.our Trust-wide Catering Development team
• Instill a Health & safety and Environmental health culture throughout the catering operation
• Share responsibility for achieving the catering budget together with the F& B Manager
• Monitor commercial performance and adjust activities to capitalize on sales opportunities and run a cost-effective catering operation.
• Supervise daily café till operations and perform end-of-day income reconciliation
• Assist the F&B Manager with menu costing and stock-taking.
• You may have delegated tasks within other departments and you will understand and help deliver the overall property business plan
• This role is one for which the duties, responsibilities or accountabilities of the role require you to undertake a criminal records check, specifically a Standard Disclosure.
Performance indicators and targets
• Weekly, monthly and annual sales and cost of sales targets
• Food compliance standards and record-keeping
• Visitor enjoyment reviews and ratings from visitor surveys and visitor feedback
Tools / equipment / systems
• Access to laptop and relevant online people management, training, financial monitoring and stock ordering systems, including NTS intranet and Microsoft 365.
• EPOS tills and chip and pin machines.
• Fully equipped commercial catering kitchens.
Application Deadline: Friday 27/01/2023