Visitor Services Supervisor - Food and Beverage
Organisation: The National Trust for Scotland
Salary: £22,752 per annum
Location: Haddo House
We are looking for an experienced and talented customer focused supervisor to join us at our fantastic Food & Beverage team at Haddo House.
Situated in wonderful parklands, Haddo House is an iconic historical landmark that has been part of the National Trust for Scotland since 1979. These days, Haddo House has established itself as the flagship venue of the Aberdeenshire North region and is a popular destination for both local and international visitors.
Visiting our Courtyard Café is an essential part of a trip to Haddo House & Country Park, and the role of the Visitor Service Supervisor is to make it a positive and memorable part of a visitor’s day with us.
In addition to the Courtyard Café, we also have a growing diary of Food & Beverage led events, including afternoon tea experiences, corporate hospitality, and bespoke weddings, which are all supported by our Food & Beverage team.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day operational delivery of the visitor experience in the Food & Beverage department at Haddo House.
Delivering performance standards and targets to ensure enjoyment of the Food & Beverage provision by visitors and members is maximised and key commercial, financial and development objectives are achieved.
You will be part of a broader management team responsible for delivering an overall visitor service strategy, promoting good communication across the site and a joined-up service provision.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Staff and volunteers – (recruitment, induction, development, motivation, performance management) such that they are fully equipped and motivated to undertake their duties to the required Trust standards and that staffing budgets are adhered to;
• Instil a Health & Safety and Environmental Health culture throughout the catering operation, ensuring the teamwork within the property’s ‘Safe System of Work’ to reduce risk of incidents and accidents to volunteers, employees and visitors.
• Budgets – (setting, phasing, monitoring, reporting, pro-active and re-active adjustments together with the Visitor Services Manager & Operations Manager) to ensure that the catering department finances are sustainable within the context of the wider property budgets.
• Create a culture of ‘exceptional service, every time’. Delivering high standards of delivery and a consistently warm welcome within the catering department
• Driving the catering department at Haddo House to achieve its financial targets, maximising income, and profitability, using the Trust’s procedures and instructions. You will strive to be efficient and ensure cost effectiveness in all the work you do.
• You will ensure high standards of presentation across the property and specifically within the catering department and Cafe area. You may have delegated tasks within other departments and you will understand and help deliver the overall property business plan.
• Taking responsibility for opening and closing and security of buildings as well as emergency procedure implementation, duty management and providing relief cover as required.
• This role is one for which the duties, responsibilities or accountabilities of the role require you to undertake a criminal records check, specifically a Standard Disclosure.
Application Deadline: Friday 08/04/2022