Visitor Services Supervisor - Food and Beverage
Organisation: The National Trust for Scotland
Salary: £24,252 - £25,877 pro-rata, per annum
Location: Gladstone's Land
You will be responsible for the operational delivery of the café, ice cream, retail and visitor services at Gladstone’s Land. Delivering performance standards and targets to ensure enjoyment of the property by visitors and members is maximised and key commercial, financial and development objectives are achieved to make the property fully sustainable. You will be part of a broader management team responsible for delivering an overall visitor service strategy, promoting good communication across the site and a joined-up service provision.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Supervising/undertaking the day-to-day operation of the property and environs to ensure an excellent customer/visitor experience. This includes supervision of:
• Responsibility for the supervision and delivery of the catering facilities at Gladstone’s Land.
• Being visitor/customer focused by being visible, approachable, and quick to exceed expectations in fulfilling customer needs.
• Line management of Visitor Services Assistants and volunteers
• Duty management and oversight/maintenance of the property
• Recording and reporting all accidents within the location, adhering to location and company procedures
• Ensuring all equipment is well maintained and is in good working order
• Maintaining location cleaning schedules
• Adhering to the sale of alcohol legislation
• Retail, Ticketing & Membership sales (to targets) and general customer service (individuals, education visits, other groups);
• Security of the Property;
• Ensuring Apartements are up to our standards.
• Health & Safety procedures, emergency procedures, and environmental procedures;
• Deputising for the Visitor Services Manager / Operations Manager on-site and off-site as required
Responsible for day to day financial administration at the property, including
• Ensuring the completion of Cash/till reconciliation;
• Week-end reports and reconciliation;
• Completion of the banking and all cash handling processes
Supporting the Visitor Services / Operations Manager with
• recruitment; induction; development; and management of all visitor services employees and volunteers such that they understand and are equipped to fulfill their roles to the standards required and that they feel valued, respected and supported.
Application Deadline: Friday 26/08/2022