Visitor Services Supervisor - Food and Beverage
Organisation: The National Trust for Scotland
Salary: £24,252 pro-rata, per annum
Location: Leith Hall
To provide operational coordination and supervision of catering at Leith Hall in line with the Trust’s policies, priorities, performance standards and targets to contribute to the enjoyment of the property by visitors and members, and help ensure commercial, financial, and conservation objectives are achieved.
The Visitor Services Supervisor at a Trust property plays a pivotal role ensuring that the management objectives are achieved through excellent customer service and, with delegated responsibility for catering, retail, events and duty management is very often the “face” of the Trust to visitors and suppliers. As such, s/he directly influences public perceptions of the Trust and is crucial to developing and maintaining the property’s local/national reputation.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Supervising/undertaking the day-to-day operation of the property and environs to ensure an excellent customer/visitor experience. This includes supervision of:
• Catering offer, including ordering, merchandising, sales targets;
• Line management of Visitor Services Assistants and volunteers
• Duty management and oversight/maintenance of the property
• Ensure the property social media is managed to generate interest, engagement and help drive visitors
• Security of the Property;
• Health & Safety procedures, emergency procedures, and environmental procedures;
• Deputising for the VSS Operations on-site and off-site as required
Application Deadline: Friday 20/05/2022