Visitor Services Supervisor - Food & Beverage
Organisation: The National Trust for Scotland
Salary: £22,752 pro-rata, per annum
Dating back to 1675 this meticulous walled Garden a sight to behold. With almost six miles of clipped box hedging, sculptures and built heritage set within several acres of Woodlands it is one of the best loved gardens in Scotland.
Situated within Pitmedden House is a busy traditional Tearoom, popular with locals and tourists alike. With additional seating outside to be enjoyed during the warmer months.
Pitmedden Garden also boasts a Farming Museum and a traditional Farmhouse, stables and Bothy.
To support the conservation of Pitmedden Garden by generating income through food and beverage operations and delivering the highest standard of visitor experience for all visitors.
With a passion for all things food related and of course great customer service, you will manage ‘The Kitchen Tearoom’ within Pitmedden Garden and the pop-up catering outlets within the grounds for our year-round events programme.
You will lead the catering team with, menu design, food production, ordering, compliance, and commercial performance. Delivering a friendly, efficient service environment in line with the National Trust for Scotland’s policies, priorities, standards, and targets. You will help make our properties sustainable in every way.
You will be part of a broader management team responsible for delivering an overall visitor service strategy, promoting good communication across the site and a joined-up service provision.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Food & Beverage Operation
• To ensure the planning, preparation, cooking and presentation of food to the standards required by the Trust for a facility with estimated annual income target in excess of £80K.
• To ensure that the location meets statutory and company requirements of Health and Safety, Food Safety and Environmental legislations and procedures including Waste Disposal and Allergens.
• To conduct Food Safety and Health and Safety Risk Assessments and ensure that all standards and procedures with regards to Hygiene and Safety are established and maintained in line with the Food Safety Management Plan.
• Accountable for stock levels and making key decisions about stock control.
• Responsible for analysing sales figures and forecasting future sales.
• Adhering to the sale of alcohol legislation, being a Premises Manager.
Application Deadline: Friday 15/04/2022