Visitor Services Supervisor - Functions & Events
Organisation: The National Trust for Scotland
Salary: £24,252- £25,877 per annum
Location: Mar Lodge Estate
This job exists in order to manage and develop Mar Lodge’s functions business, corporate/private hire and sporting client support. To ensure income opportunities are maximised in the context of consistently high standards of customer care and lodge presentation.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
The key purposes of the job will be met by:
• Developing and managing relationships with potential and existing corporate and private hire clients, such that Mar Lodge continually develops and maintains its status as a ‘destination’ venue, renowned for its excellence of customer service.
• Leading teams which include members of other Mar Lodge departments and outside contractors such that there is absolute clarity of objectives, tasks and standards; and ensure their delivery towards a collective goal.
• Developing and managing the functions business to increase income as part of the property’s drive for sustainability and help raise the profile of the work of the Trust at Mar Lodge in its wider context.
• Managing allocated budgets to ensure that income targets are met (or exceeded) and that expenditure is prudent and ‘value for money’
• Managing equipment and supplies (such as banqueting furniture, catering equipment and supplies) to ensure the operational efficacy of the Lodge.
• Working within Health & Safety regime to ensure the H&S of staff/volunteers, clients and visitors within the context of the Trust’s “Safe System of Work” regime.
• Personally participating in functions preparation and delivery (preparation for and front-of-house, corporate/private hire events/sporting clients)
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
• Practical, demonstrable experience of hospitality/catering/events development and management.
• Demonstrable experience of selling and promoting hospitality/catering/events in a competitive marketplace.
• Practical experience of staff management or supervision.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills and would be a successful salesperson in a competitive marketplace.
• Competent IT skills.
• Full current driving licence for driving in the UK.
• Recognised Higher Education level qualification in catering/hospitality/marketing or events management.
• Personal licence holder (or be willing to train)
• Current First aid certification (or be willing to train and use)
• Current food hygiene certification (or be willing to train)
Application Deadline: Friday 30/09/2022