Visitor Services Supervisor - Retail
Organisation: The National Trust for Scotland
Salary: £24,737 - £26,395 pro-rata, per annum
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
As a member of the Retail & Admissions team you are on the front line delivering the income that allows the National Trust for Scotland to look after Pitmedden Garden.
Your role will provide world-class customer service; ensuring the shop is presented to the highest possible standard both in terms of product display and amazing visitor experience.
• Undertake the induction/ongoing training of staff on all front-of-house procedures, customer care and stock management (delivery processing etc.)
• Cash reconciliation
• To support in creative merchandising of shop displays and ensuring shop displays are consistently delivered to the highest standard.
• Analyse retail sales information regularly and act where required to drive income
• Delivering a high level of customer service and inspiring team members to adhere to high customer service standards
• Delivering and completing stock takes and stock counts accurately
• Being a leader within the team and taking a proactive approach to problems
• A passion for product and best in class product knowledge
• Delivering and supporting all aspects of stock management: ordering, receipting deliveries, and dealing with delivery discrepancies.
• Management of ticket / membership sales and admissions
• Ensuring health and welfare of property staff, volunteers and visitors by adhering to the Trust’s Health, Safety and Environment policies and guidelines. This includes working within the property’s “Safe System of Work” (the system for managing Health & Safety).
• Duty management responsibilities on a rota basis with other supervisors.
The current duties of this job do not require a criminal records (Disclosure Scotland) check to be carried out.
SCOPE OF JOB
• Not a line manager; but will have a supervisory and leadership role within the retail & admissions team.
• Will work closely with other property colleagues and will also have regular contact with specialist advisory colleagues based in other locations and departments (e.g. National Retail Team).
• Will have regular (daily) interaction with members of the public of all ages and abilities
• Position will play an important role as part of the properties senior operational team
• Not a budget-holder but will be expected to take responsibility for effective management of Trust resources in the allocated areas
• Share Till Reconciliation Duties with other senior staff.
• Assist with stocktaking and delivery discrepancies
• To assist with accurate stock control procedures (write-off/wastage etc.)
REQUIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
The above outlines the key skills the job holder will need to possess and exercise. In addition, either knowledge of or experience in the following is required:
• Ability to work within a team or independently, with minimal supervision to a high and safe standard.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to lead in a busy and diverse environment with a focus on customer service
• Previous experience in a busy retail environment, in a supervisory role.
• Experience of merchandising retail displays, or willingness to undertake training
• Ability to be flexible, in particular to adapt working patterns and tasks to meet day-to-day variations in retail and property needs.
• Genuine belief in the value of good customer service.
• Demonstrable excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise.
• Ability to be proactive and to take the initiative.
• Ability to take responsibility for own personal development
• Competent user of Microsoft Office Products.
• Experience with cash handling/working with financial data.
The Key Responsibilities, Scope of Job, and Required Qualifications, Skills, Experience & Knowledge reflect the requirements of the job at the time of issue. The Trust reserves the right to amend these with appropriate consultation and/or request the post-holder to undertake any activities that it believes to be reasonable within the broad scope of the job or their general abilities.
Interested applicants should forward a completed application form to the People Services Department (Applications), The National Trust for Scotland, Central Office, Hermiston Quay
5 Cultins Road, Edinburgh EH11 4DF, by mail or by email via email@example.com, by first post 17th February 2023
Application Deadline: Friday 17/02/2023