Visitor Services Supervisor - Welcome
Organisation: The National Trust for Scotland
Salary: £25,603 - £27,318 pro-rata, per annum
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
As a front-line member of the Culloden team your job is give an amazing welcome and tell the story of this iconic site. You will be responsible for delivering our commercial offer which includes membership, general admission, donations, some retail products and travel trade. You will be part of our Visit Scotland 5-star team acting as an ambassador for the site and the National Trust for Scotland.
• Leading the team in reaching its membership targets for the year
• Deputising for the Welcome Manager in their absence as required
• Delivering a high level of customer service and inspiring team members to adhere to high customer service standards
• Supporting the Welcome Manager in reporting data and analysing figures/trends
• Undertaking the induction/ongoing training of staff on all front-of-house procedures, customer care and membership.
• Leading within the team and taking a proactive approach to problems
• Supporting the Welcome Manager with managing Travel Trade bookings to the site and coordinating their visits alongside the Engagement Team
• Undertaking Duty Management as part of a rota including banking processes
• Cash reconciliation including end of day reports and till management
• Working closely with other managers across the Property to deliver functions and events throughout the year
• Sharing the history of the site and the principles of the NTS with visitors onsite
• Ensuring health and welfare of property staff, volunteers and visitors by adhering to the Trust’s Health, Safety and Environment policies and guidelines. This includes working within the property’s “Safe System of Work” (the system for managing Health & Safety).
The current duties of this job do not require a criminal records (Disclosure Scotland) check to be carried out.
SCOPE OF JOB
• Not a line manager; but will have a supervisory and leadership role within the Welcome team.
• Will work closely with other property colleagues, and will also have regular contact with specialist advisory colleagues based in other locations and departments (e.g. Central Travel Trade Team).
• Will have regular (daily) interaction with members of the public of all ages and abilities
• Not a budget-holder but will be expected to take responsibility for effective management of Trust resources in the allocated areas
• Share Till Reconciliation Duties with other senior staff, as appointed by Welcome Manager.
REQUIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
The above outlines the key skills the job holder will need to possess and exercise. In addition, either knowledge of or experience in the following is required:
Application Deadline: Sunday 28/01/2024