Organisation: National Mining Museum Scotland
Salary: Not remunerated role
NMMS’s Board members are key to our success, helping us to set our future strategy and ensure that we continue to fulfil our charitable objectives.
We are looking to appoint up to eight new Board members.
We are keen to strengthen the Board by adding new perspectives and voices. We are seeking to bring diversity to the Board, particularly to have a wider age range and gender balance.
Applications from people from minority ethnicities, from disabled people, those who identify as LGBTQIA+, and those aged between 18–30 years are particularly welcome.
No previous experience of being a trustee or serving on a board is necessary and the role is unremunerated.
We are seeking people with at least one of the following skills:
• Ability to synthesise information presented by the staff and make effective decisions
• Awareness and understanding of the independent museum and heritage sector
• The ability to advocate for NMMS within the sector
• Awareness and understanding of the need for museums to reflect equity, diversity and inclusion in museums including access experience and lived experience.
• Legal knowledge such as employment law, governance and charity law •
Finance experience, such as chartered accountants
• Architect experience
• Heritage experience
• Chartered surveyor or similar background
In addition, we are seeking people with an interest in youth voice, community development, the climate change debate and education.
Full info and how to apply can be found here: https://tinyurl.com/44h68j6r
Application Deadline: Friday 30/06/2023