Waiter - Fingal
Organisation: The Royal Yacht Britannia
Salary: £9.79 + Tips
Fingal is a luxury floating hotel permanently berthed on Edinburgh’s vibrant waterfront. This historic ship started life as a lighthouse tender, helping maintain lighthouses and transporting their keepers, equipment and supplies to some of the most treacherous locations in Scotland. Launched in January 2019, she has been transformed into an exquisite 23 cabin boutique hotel and exclusive use venue by the award winning team at The Royal Yacht Britannia.
A hotel with all the glamour and style of a superyacht but with an old-world elegance that is completely unique. Curves and tilts, deck spaces and beautiful lines that tell the story of Fingal’s rich seafaring history, offering a totally unique experience, far removed from your everyday world.
Our crew are the core asset of Fingal’s brand, full of warmth and passion, with a shared vision for creating an amazing experience.
The Hospitality and Events department is now recruiting for a Waiter with previous experience working in a busy five-star luxury hospitality environment. They will also be a team player who takes pride in their work and has a can-do flexible attitude, smart appearance and excellent communication skills. We are looking for an enthusiastic, highly motivated, engaging and creative individual with the passion and ability to engage with our guests.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience of working as part of a food and beverage team within a premium quality establishment. You must have a passion for delivering exceptional customer service.
The candidate may work across both Fingal and The Royal Yacht Britannia, in the Royal Deck Tea Room or at exclusive evening events aboard Britannia or in The Lighthouse Restaurant & Bar servicing Breakfast, Afternoon Tea and Dinner aboard Fingal.
As our Waiting Crew duties will be varied and are likely to include, but not limited to:
– Waiting tables and servicing customers’ requests to the highest professional level
– Function room preparation and delivery of Fingal and The Royal Yacht Britannia events
– Bar service, drink preparation and coffee making
– Maintaining Health and Safety standards, including allergens and COSHH regulations
– Cash handling, including opening and closing till
– Able to assist the Events/Restaurant team
Company benefits include:
– 6.6 weeks pro rata annual holiday entitlement
– Enhanced long service holiday entitlement
– Generous company pension
– Life assurance
– Performance and loyalty payment scheme
– Complimentary tickets to The Royal Yacht Britannia
– Staff discount in the Royal Deck Tea Room, Britannia Gift Shop and The Lighthouse Restaurant & Bar aboard Fingal
– Free car parking at The Royal Yacht Britannia
– Meals on duty – you will be entitled to a complimentary meal in the staff canteen whilst on duty
If you feel you have the personality, skills and experience we are looking for then we would love to hear from you.
Please send your CV and a covering letter outlining why you feel you would be suitable for the role of Waiter to email@example.com or postal applications to:
The Royal Yacht Britannia
No agencies please.
Application Deadline: Sunday 23/01/2022