Organisation: The Royal Yacht Britannia
Job Title: Waiter, Food & Beverage Department
Hours: Full time
Pay: £9.50 + tips
The Royal Yacht Britannia is an award-winning five-star visitor attraction and exclusive events venue in Edinburgh. The 150-strong team on board is committed to delivering the same standards of excellence expected when Britannia was in service.
Fingal is a 23-cabin boutique hotel and events venue by the team behind The Royal Yacht Britannia. As of July 2019, Fingal is TripAdvisor’s No 1 Traveller Ranked hotel in Edinburgh.
The Hospitality and Events department is now recruiting for a Waiter to join the team. Both The Royal Yacht Britannia and Fingal host exclusive evening dinner and drinks receptions with the team also providing Britannia’s day visitors with light refreshments in our stunning Royal Deck Tea Room. The role will include supporting the Food and Beverage team with many types of events within the Food and Beverage areas including the Tea Room, Bar, Breakfast Room, weddings, parties and large corporate events.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with previous experience working in a busy hospitality environment, who has a can-do, flexible and positive attitude, smart appearance and excellent communication skills. You will ensure that our visitors have a comfortable and enjoyable visit by delivering outstanding five-star customer service.
Responsibilities will include:
– Greeting and guiding customers to their tables.
– Up-selling additional products when appropriate.
– Taking accurate food and drinks orders, using a POS ordering software, order slips and memorisation.
– Checking customers’ IDs to ensure they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages.
– Serving food and drinks orders.
– Arranging table settings and maintaining a tidy dining area.
– Delivering and collecting bill payments.
– Meeting with restaurant staff to review daily specials, changes on the menu and service specifications for reservations (e.g. parties).
– Following all relevant health department regulations.
– Providing excellent customer service to guests.
Company benefits include:
– 6.6 weeks pro rata annual holiday entitlement.
– Enhanced long service holiday entitlement.
– Generous company pension.
– Life assurance.
– Performance and loyalty payment scheme.
– Complimentary tickets to The Royal Yacht Britannia.
– Staff discount in the Royal Deck Tea Room, Britannia Gift Shop and The Lighthouse Restaurant & Bar aboard Fingal.
– Free car parking at The Royal Yacht Britannia.
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or postal applications to:
The Royal Yacht Britannia
No agencies please.
Previous applicants need not apply.
Please note, due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to unsuccessful candidates. If you have been selected for interview you will be contacted directly.
Application Deadline: Friday 20/08/2021