Weekend Duty Manager
Organisation: Scone Palace
A rare opportunity has arisen for a Weekend Duty Manager at Scone Palace.
As a five-star visitor attraction, the Palace is fully open to visitors between 31st March – 31st October 7 days a week.
The Weekend Duty Manager will oversee daily visitor operations in the absence of the Palace & Events core management team, ensuring continuity is maintained between teams. Reporting directly to the Head of Scone Palace, this role covers three weekends out of four across the season (March – October) with the possibility of the role extending outwith the main season. If you’re a people person, enthusiastic about delivering an excellent customer experience, we would love to meet you.
Main responsibilities include:
– Confident handling of telephone calls and visitor and sales enquiries
– Ensuring the security of buildings and keys in conjunction with the Caretaking Team
– Cash handling and finalising sales systems at end of day
– Being responsible for the health and safety of self, staff and visitors; being available to deal with any issues that may arise, eg fire evacuations
– Reporting and recording of any incidents/accidents as required
– Assist with the running of events as required in conjunction with Event Manager
– Ensuring high standards of presentation in all public areas and ensure all areas are fully staffed and ready for opening
– Monitoring and responding to emails and general admin to support the wider Palace & Estate business
– Ad-hoc accommodation check-ins/outs as required
The Duty Manager will be required to cover for front of house departments (Retail/Catering/Admissions) as required, eg lunch covers, therefore, previous experience of business systems such as tills/EPOS/booking systems is desirable.
Candidates must have:
– Demonstrable experience of a similar supervisory role
– Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
– A commitment to delivering the highest standard of service
– A flexible and adaptive manner and positive attitude
– The ability to work well within a team and busy environment
– A high standard of punctuality and professionalism
A First Aid qualification and holder of Personal Licence (alcohol licensing) would be advantageous. Being a holder of an IOSH/NEBOS Health & Safety qualification or similar is also desirable.
An application form and detailed job description is available to download from:
www.scone-palace.co.uk or telephone 01738 554920
Please apply to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or Scone Palace, Perth, PH2 6BD
Application Deadline: Tuesday 14/03/2023