Organisation: The Royal Yacht Britannia
Salary: £10.90 per hour
Duration: Fixed Term (May/June – September).
Hours: Days available will range from 3 – 4 per week and will include weekends.
Daily shifts will be 10:00 – 15:30 (5.5 hours per day).
The Royal Yacht Britannia is an award-winning, five-star visitor attraction and exclusive evening events venue in Edinburgh, which employs more than 160 staff. This former floating palace of Queen Elizabeth II, usually attracts circa 350,000 visitors a year from around the world, and would normally host circa 100 exclusive evening events per annum.
Britannia provides an exceptional experience for visitors. This dedication to excellence has led to the Royal Yacht being rated as Best UK Attraction (Which Magazine readers). Britannia is also Tripadvisor’s Travellers’ Choice Best of the Best award winner, and in the top 1% in the world in its category.
Our Visitor Experience department is now looking for a Seasonal Welcome Host who is enthusiastic, with a smart appearance, has excellent communication skills and a passion for customer care.
The job is based in our Visitor Centre. The position can be physically demanding as you will be standing throughout the duration of your shift.
Company benefits include:
– 10% employer pension contribution (no employee contribution).
– 33 days pro-rata annual holiday entitlement.
– Enhanced long service holiday entitlement.
– Life Assurance.
– Performance and loyalty payment scheme.
– Complimentary tickets.
– Employee Assistance Programme.
– Staff discount in the Gift Shop, Royal Deck Tea Room & The Lighthouse Restaurant & Bar aboard Fingal Hotel.
– Free car parking for staff.
– Uniform provided.
– Perform a “Concierge Role” at front of house.
– Provide a warm welcome to visitors.
– Scan visitor tickets using a handheld scanner – training provided.
– Aid visitors in case of emergencies or evacuation.
– Queue management.
– Have a broad knowledge of information that visitors may require and provide this at point of contact.
– Assist with any other duties as directed by your line manager.
If you feel you have the personality, skills and experience we are looking for, then we would love to hear from you.
To apply please send your CV: email@example.com or postal applications to:
Visitor Experience Manager
The Royal Yacht Britannia
No agencies please.
Closing date: 29 April 2023
Application Deadline: Saturday 29/04/2023