Whisky and Dry Stock Manager
Organisation: The Scotch Whisky Experience
PASSIONATE ABOUT RETAIL, DRIVING SALES AND DEVELOPING A TEAM
We are looking for a highly organised, meticulous and methodical individual to join our team as whisky & dry stock manager. Our retail experience offers visitors from all over the globe an opportunity to learn about a world class product in a world class environment. We pride ourselves on delivering exceptional customer service, tailored to individual customers’ needs, in a welcoming and relaxed atmosphere.
What about you?
You will have a proven track record of managing stock in a retail environment, an eye for detail and the ability to keep calm under pressure. Prior experience in the tourism or the Scotch whisky industry is not necessary but would be an advantage. You will also be:
• Experienced in the use of specialist stock management/EPOS systems.
• A confident salesperson with strong commercial awareness.
• An engaging and approachable communicator with a warmth of spirit.
• An inquisitive and proactive learner with a thirst for knowledge.
• A flexible team player who embraces change and is determined to raise the bar of excellence.
What will you be doing?
• Maximising sales by ensuring we have plentiful stock of all products and maintaining strong relationships with our suppliers.
• Accurately using our IT software, including EPOS and stock management systems including monitoring stock through report analysis.
• Undertaking all processes required by retail – ordering, deliveries, invoicing, transfers, end of month reports & procedures, adding new products, fulfilling e-commerce sales etc.
• Working with our senior retail manager and operations director to agree the strategic direction of the retail department.
• Championing our culture and values in all aspects of your role.
Contract full time, 36.25 hours per week
Hours rota based, includes weekends
Salary from £25,000 dependent on experience
What about us?
Our vision is to make the world fall in love with Scotch whisky. We are a team of friendly and passionate storytellers who inspire, enthuse, educate and impassion our visitors about Scotch whisky in all that we do. Why not have a look around our website, or to get a better feel for our team’s enthusiasm, expertise and personality, why not read our blog?
Our shop advisors and stock team help our customers choose from a fabulous selection of over 470 Scotch whiskies, as well as Scottish books, food and gifts.
Application Deadline: Wednesday 15/12/2021