Our busy restaurant is looking for an experienced, forward-thinking Chef who is passionate about food and service. The ideal candidate for this position will be a natural leader who always has a finger on the pulse of the restaurant industry. The Chef will be responsible for preparing meals for our diners, record keeping, managing stock and support in developing new dishes to add to our growing menu plant-based menu.
• Maintain an excellent level of preparation and service to exceed expectations.
• Responsibly manage stock and record keeping.
• Maintain health and hygiene standards in food preparation and service areas.
Key Work Objectives
• Employ food safety best practices and makes sure that all kitchen staff members do the same.
• Work a busy service, including cooking, quality control and presentation of hot and cold dishes.
• Catering for on-site events and functions.
• Maintaining cleaning schedules and KP duties.
• Assist in the monitoring and ordering of stock. Receiving deliveries.
• Take responsibility for daily record keeping, including temperature checks and cleaning schedules.
• Support the training of new kitchen staff.
• Support the development of our plant-based menu.
• Keep up-to-date on restaurant industry trends.
• General administration support to ensure the smooth running of the department.
• Assisting the front of house team as and when needed.
• Maintain high levels of professionalism, service and personal appearance.
• Undertake any other reasonable duties which may be requested of you by the management team.
• To be responsible, along with other staff members, for compliance with health and safety regulations for yourself, other staff and visitors.
• To support the zoos environmental practices in your day-to-day operations.